Thread: Keswick Mountain Festival

Keswick Mountain Festival

Anyone been along or going to this? We popped along for a bit. Really good atmosphere and great location.

Highlights: Free YHA membership for the year and getting persuaded by Mick Fowler to join the Alpine Club!

Re: Keswick Mountain Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Harrison View Post
    Anyone been along or going to this? We popped along for a bit. Really good atmosphere and great location.

Highlights: Free YHA membership for the year and getting persuaded by Mick Fowler to join the Alpine Club!
    I spent a pleasant Sunday wandering around, watching the triathlon finish and drooling over the various trade stands. *Just* managed to stop myself buying a Hope R4 but it was close!
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Billy Bland was there on Saturday evening and did a half hour question and answer session. The weather was a lot better than last year which made the Saturday swim much easier. There were lots of events on from the Latrig fell race on Wednesday, navigation, cycling sportive, open water swimming, triathlon, trail running and lots of talks (Monty Hall, Chris Bonnington...).

Sportsunday covered the Triathlon, The Swim, The Sportive and the Borrowdale Trail race if you want to see some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Billy Bland was there on Saturday evening and did a half hour question and answer session. .
    Totally forgot about the Billy Bland talk. I was only sat in the Dog n Gun with a pint of Guinness while he was on. Gutted.

I took part in the 21k Borrowdale Trail Run on the Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed it, particulary the climb up Castle Crag. Don't let the "trail" tag put you off, it was a cracking race. I'm planning to go back next year and make a full weekend of it. The weather made it a good day in the Lakes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Smith View Post
    I took part in the 21k Borrowdale Trail Run on the Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed it, particulary the climb up Castle Crag. Don't let the "trail" tag put you off, it was a cracking race. I'm planning to go back next year and make a full weekend of it. The weather made it a good day in the Lakes too.
    We just did the 13K version which was pretty hilly for a trail race too - really enjoyed it, even if the legs complained a bit after a few days of walking. Also enjoyed the talks we went to - especially Bonnington and Fowler. Think it's our 4th visit - always enjoy it.