Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Rivington Pike Website

New Rivington Pike Website

Hi all,

I've just finished working on a little project after I recieved a 'Mr Site' website takeaway for a Christmas prezzie. After much thought on what topic to produce my first website on, I plumped for 'The Rivington Pike Fell Race' as it is a race I have enjoyed in the past.
    With the race coming up in the next few weeks, some of you may be interested to take a look at the rich History the 'Pike' race has, as I'm sure most of you will be aware anyway. I've just produced a 'pretty' look at it's past, and I hope you all enjoy.
    You can find it by doing a 'Google' search http://www.pikeracers.com
    All the best with your running and good luck if any of you decide to run the 'Pike'.

Stato

Re: New Rivington Pike Website

Very good Stato. The ladies winner of 2010 & 11 is Laura Riches (no "r") and if I spot anything else I'll let you know as will other forumites I'm sure.

Thanks W.P...I've just updated Laura's name (I had missed that one!) Yeh, let me know if you spot anything else.
    Are you planning on racing at the Pike this year?

I can't this year.

I'm Lancs Fell Secretary and as happens about 1 in every 4 or 5 years the Pike race clashes with Pendle which is the Lancs County Champs.

I'm a bit gutted really as I like to watch even if I can't run it.

That's a shame. Still, good to be putting a little back into the sport. Pendle's one I never got round to doing, the 'Big end' looks awesome (well, until you get to the bottom of it and look up!!)

Quote Originally Posted by stato View Post
    That's a shame. Still, good to be putting a little back into the sport. Pendle's one I never got round to doing, the 'Big end' looks awesome (well, until you get to the bottom of it and look up!!)
    There's a lot of snobbery around in fell running that only certain types of terrain, or areas can be deemed "classic".

I have loved the races I've done in the Lakes and I love the 3 Peaks - there's not really a race I've disliked.

But Rivington just has a magic about it. The speed and excitement along with the spectators that you rarely get at such events - it's a runners fell race.

Pendle is altogether different, but just looking at Pendle when approaching sometimes gets the hairs on the back of my neck up. It's so imposing standing alone.

I really enjoyed reading the all time list. I was going to run Pendle, but I'll run the pike this year!

Banned

I'm with WP. Both are great race and if they didn't clash I would do both.
    The crowds on the Pike are magic, such a supportive bunch.

great website me and Jake enjoy this ,
    http://jakeofwinterhill.blogspot.com/

Master

I tend to think the course records be updated to the present course. Since the day of John Wild's run there have been two changes to the course that have made it longer and more awkward.

On the current course the fastest ever time is 16.54 by the author of this thread, my old acquaintance Stato. Congrats on the site Mike.
    Last edited by CL; 20-02-2012 at 10:02 PM.