Thread: Roclite 285 size?

Roclite 285 size?

After about 200 miles i still can´t get along with NB MT110. They cause pain on the middle outside of my foots, especially on longer flatter runs, which was what they were bought for..

I really wat to test the new Trailroc but they won´t be available until AW 2012 and i got a lot of running planned until then.. Thats why i´m considering a pair of Roclite 285s.

I got X-talon 212s in UK7,5 and F-lite 195s in UK7,5 (a bit tight). I have heard a lot of rumors about the F-lite 195 being smaller in size than F-lite 230 and X-talons. Should i order Roclite 285s in UK7,5 or go for half a size larger as i in fact need in F-lite 195 (i wear a size 7,5 in F-lite 230)? The Roclite 285s is NOT available in Sweden so i can´t try e´m on..
    Excuse my spelling, i´m Swedish! - www.swedentrails.com

Re: Roclite 285 size?

I've got talons in a uk6, and 285's in a uk6. The 285's are a bit more spacious and I could have probably gotten away with a 5.5. I certainly don't think you'd need to go a size larger.

What about the salomon s-lab sense? Pricey, but it look really good and should be available in sweden.
    Last edited by The devil's own; 10-04-2012 at 10:32 AM.
    "That was the night everything changed"

They fit the same as X-Talon & F-Lites so I would go with UK 7.5

Quote Originally Posted by swedentrails View Post
    After about 200 miles i still can´t get along with NB MT110. They cause pain on the middle outside of my foots, especially on longer flatter runs, which was what they were bought for..

I really wat to test the new Trailroc but they won´t be available until AW 2012 and i got a lot of running planned until then.. Thats why i´m considering a pair of Roclite 285s.

I got X-talon 212s in UK7,5 and F-lite 195s in UK7,5 (a bit tight). I have heard a lot of rumors about the F-lite 195 being smaller in size than F-lite 230 and X-talons. Should i order Roclite 285s in UK7,5 or go for half a size larger as i in fact need in F-lite 195 (i wear a size 7,5 in F-lite 230)? The Roclite 285s is NOT available in Sweden so i can´t try e´m on..

Always been a fan of inov-8 shoes and have had no issues what so ever with e´m.. They preform straight out of the box..! But for some reason i always by other brands to test them, (gear junkie).. S-lab Sense is an interesting shoe but as with the MT110 they are designed to work on nice mountain trails. Swedish terrain seems a lot rougher. Many trails got parts of orienteering like terrain. I´m guessing S-lab Sense take beating the same way as MT110 and tare apart quickly. Lately i been thinking, why change a winning concept? Enter Inov-8! Thanks for the help, Roclites 285 is on their way to Sweden..!

Hej swedentrails,

I have old pairs of both f-lite 230 and roclite 285 - I take the same size in both. I bought and returned a pair of f-lite 195s when they came out because first they were 0.5 cm longer for the same size and second I was not the least optimistic they would hold up. The roclites held up well and were great for training runs on local mires and trail races (Vertex). But they are heavy when wet, and this summer I may go for a pair of x-talon 212s for races.

As for the S-lab sense - the expected price is ridiculous. It is 2-5 times more expensive than just about anything else on the market, and it is impossible to believe it will be 2-5 times better.

Hej själv Rich_Sweden!

Strange! My F-lite 195s are definitely smaller than my X-talon 212s.. The goal for my Roclites is Vertex (Swedish mountain marathon).. Perhaps i should stick to X-talons for races but my training runs contains to much hard surface mixed with woods, trails and mires.. Thats why i hoped for NB MT110s.. But as i said they hurt my feet and tend to tare apart in the swedish woods.. X-talons is OK even on Tarmac but when i get tired on longer runs i long for a less aggressive outsole and even a rock plate.. My F-lite 195s lasted about 500 Km (still running in em though).. Agree on Salomons overcharges, and i don´t like the ski boot feeling of their Fellcross/Speedcross shoes..