Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Decent Socks

Re: Decent Socks

Pete Bland socks for me, tried all sorts of foot gloves, them injinji toesocks cripple me, sealskinz socks gave me blisters, nee bother with PB's, trial and error really and what works for yourself, everyone's different.
    Hills and Guinness!

Two pairs of coolmax liners does me! I used to swear by 1000 mile, but have seriously gone off them for various reasons...the wear quick, they go stiff and last time I wore them I got a bit of a hot spot, tho not quite a blister. I'll use them up as road run socks. I might check those RunBear yins mind.
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Hi Ash,,

Had some Running Bear socks a few years ago, the seams ran over the tops of my toes and were very uncomfortable. Wear Hillys now, or for a bit more luxury Thorlo running socks.

Ray.

As an aside! Did you try vaselining you're toes? I use some stuff for, I think ahem...nappy rash, which is great for all sorts of bits and bobs that require protection from rubbing!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Thanks everyone, yea I have always used the hilly socks and just not 100% sure on them, so thought I would see what other people tend to wear.
    Yea mine is more of a hot spot not blister around the toe without any nail, this is part of reason I thought a change of socks maybe in order...

As for vaseline no I have not, but may give that a try as I have heard that mentioned before.

Thousand Mile Fusion socks for anything over a couple of hours works well for me and blisters, which used to give me much grief, are largely a thing of the past. Have been through Running Bear, Pete Bland, Inov8 and Hilly off road in past and got on OKish but needed additional vaseline for long days out which I don't need with the 1000 mile and I still used to get bad blisters on MMs and similar. Didn't get on with Sealskinz at all - gave me almost instant blisters. Hilly twin skins and mono skin marathons do me fine for shorter training runs. Seems like everyone's different and you need to suck it and see (although the expression conjures up some unpleasant images :w00t

P