Thread: Can't lift leg!

Can't lift leg!

If I try lifting my leg (Knee up to chest) as though I'm lifting my leg to run up a steep slope, it hurts on my lower outer hip to the upper part of my leg. No real pain for pushing off, just lifting.

About 2 weeks have passed now, but still it hurts, and flares up even if I try running on the tredmill. Initially I couldn't walk up stairs... I've been on the Xtrainer for two week, with one attempt at some flatish field running.

I think I injured it on a hike, a large slab was loose on a crossing at a river, I tried to push it back with my leg to prevent anyone from getting injured (I did managed to push it with my arms back in to place) but from it injured myself...

Does anyone know what muscle I have injured?
    Any tips on healing / healing times? I'm really really missing my time in the hills..

CHEERS!!!!

It's impossible to diagnose online. You should go and see a remedial therapist or physio to get a diagnosis through hands on palpation, muscle testing and assessment in person.

Hmm.. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    If I try lifting my leg (Knee up to chest) as though I'm lifting my leg to run up a steep slope, it hurts on my lower outer hip to the upper part of my leg. No real pain for pushing off, just lifting.

About 2 weeks have passed now, but still it hurts, and flares up even if I try running on the tredmill. Initially I couldn't walk up stairs... I've been on the Xtrainer for two week, with one attempt at some flatish field running.

I think I injured it on a hike, a large slab was loose on a crossing at a river, I tried to push it back with my leg to prevent anyone from getting injured (I did managed to push it with my arms back in to place) but from it injured myself...

Does anyone know what muscle I have injured?
    Any tips on healing / healing times? I'm really really missing my time in the hills..

CHEERS!!!!
    If it were me i'd just rest it. The muscles that lift your leg like you're saying rarely do heavy work, last time i had pain in that area it took about 3wks to go away completely. There is at least one chronic condition that can get you from ignoring pain in this sort or region, so be careful how much exercise you do while it's painful.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Thanks bright side, yup, I'm just over my 2nd week of it.. It's feel better but still twinges / tingling.

I going to just purely rest it now, maybe go for a moderate walk on Saturday. Then hopefully get back to running next week.. Better to bite the bullet I suppose.