A long day on the hill today as myself and BrentPFR completed an Extended Bowland 1500's trig round on site.
35 mile 6,100ft in just over 10 hours.

Started in Frosty conditions with a chill wind, intermitent snow flurries. Very wet underfoot otherwise we may have made it round the bigger 1500 spot heights (19) round. Missing the loop out to Cross of Greet from White Hill Trig. I shall return to put that right. This time with a lighter pack.

Can some one tell me what the two towers were used for on White hill?

A bit of local knowledge would have helped, WD (Ian) did give me some pointers to the first climb but from there we were on our own.

Spotted 2 wrecks on route one on Holme House Fell- A Blenhiem, the other was too far to visit at Stony Clough Head? we could see wreckage and a cross?? any one?

A fantastic spot only seeing 3 people on the hill of which two were very lost with a down loaded internet postage size map, they were going to Paddies Pole apparently but we met them heading up Totridge Fell!

Strange to look east and see the yorks PPP bathed in sunshine and to the west Morcombe Bay.

Best described as a wilder pathless Bleaklow, well worth the visit in dryer conditions for a quiet day on the hill. Loads of wildlife to be seen...but why so many seagulls? Bloody noisy.

Must admit to being very pleasantly surprised to it's wildness and a bit pissed off at the incessant fence line bogs

See More info here on the Gofar site including Schedules

http://www.gofar.org.uk/Bowland%201500s.html