Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I think we're in Didsbury...

Re: I think we're in Didsbury.

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    A more up itself place than Didsbury you'll never visit. Every occupant seems to be desperately trying to disassociate itself from its northern roots. Cafe society and shops selling cum quats. People sitting on chairs in coffee bars with their legs crossed. Stuff like that is not for me. :thunbdown:
    As a southerner my northern visa only allows me to reside in Didsbury...

And I can't park my car outside my own house.

They may as well re-name Didsbury as Wythenshawe on a Friday & Saturday night

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo Dan View Post
    As a southerner my northern visa only allows me to reside in Didsbury...

ey up, mr "bury market is grand" has turned up

Well let me tell you mr woodbine ferret Nocurry, your type are not welcome south of the city, especially if you travel in your hillman imps with your 8 track stereo cassettes blaring flock of seagulls out of your open windows
    I'm not actually from Bury but what i would say is that the market is just one of the many attractions available to those of us who live in the north of the city.

I'm sure many of you will have visited Dunelm in Radcliffe - a shop that shits on John Lewis in Cheadle from a great height.

And what about the transport infrastructure interchange around Besses o' the Barn - probably the most forward thinking and exciting in the north west. Road, motorway and tram all in one place. Think about it?

I want to get a bus today? Are you in Besses? You get the bus then
    I want to use the motorway? Besses by any chance? Yep, again, you go right ahead.
    I want to get the tram today? Don't tell me? Besses. You get the tram all day long my friend.

The list of attractions goes on and on.

North Mcr > Sth Mcr
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    They may as well re-name Didsbury as Wythenshawe on a Friday & Saturday night
    Are you sure you don't live in Didsbury too!? :w00t:

To be fair the majority of north manchester is right shit hole. It does have one good thing going for it though, and thats The golden apple chippy!
    "That was the night everything changed"

Quote Originally Posted by Conan187 View Post
    To be fair the majority of north manchester is right shit hole. It does have one good thing going for it though, and thats The golden apple chippy!
    North Manchester gave the world the industrial revolution and Moss Side, Whalley Range, Longsight, Hulme, Wythenshawe, Levenshulme, Rusholme and Ardwick are far worse than anything on the north side of the city. I agree with you about the golden apple chippy though.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Sorry don't agree. Harpurhey is a hell hole, that has won the title of most deprived place in Britain on more than one occasion. Places like collyhurst, newton heath, gorton, beswick, crumpsall, bradford, alkrington and miles plating are equally as awful. And lets not forget openshaw which has to be one of the most pitiful places on earth. A recent survey in the evening news supports this stating north and east manchester most deprived areas of the city in terms of levels of unemployment and bad health.

Also interesting how you only mentioned the rough parts of the south. There's not a single nice area to the north, where as the south has a few.
    Last edited by The devil's own; 20-05-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    "That was the night everything changed"

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post

I'm not actually from Bury but what i would say is that the market is just one of the many attractions available to those of us who live in the north of the city.

I'm sure many of you will have visited Dunelm in Radcliffe - a shop that shits on John Lewis in Cheadle from a great height.

And what about the transport infrastructure interchange around Besses o' the Barn - probably the most forward thinking and exciting in the north west. Road, motorway and tram all in one place. Think about it?

I want to get a bus today? Are you in Besses? You get the bus then
    I want to use the motorway? Besses by any chance? Yep, again, you go right ahead.
    I want to get the tram today? Don't tell me? Besses. You get the tram all day long my friend.

The list of attractions goes on and on.

North Mcr > Sth Mcr
    All these transport choices, sounds like you really have no excuse not to escape?? :w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo Dan View Post
    Are you sure you don't live in Didsbury too!? :w00t:
    Leafy suburbs of Sale for me now after moving from the sh!thole that's Denton last weekend.

Too many blues in Denton
    Last edited by TheHeathens; 20-05-2012 at 08:45 PM.