Thread: Saturday 19th May round

Saturday 19th May round

Saw a bloke from Bowfell who set off at midnight saturday anyone know if he got around ok ? From penrith I think doing it for charity

Re: Saturday 19th May round

Quote Originally Posted by andygib1982 View Post
    Saw a bloke from Bowfell who set off at midnight saturday anyone know if he got around ok ? From penrith I think doing it for charity
    Hi Andy - that was me and unfortunately not. Being sick twice on Clough Head and four times on Bowfell meant wasn't able to eat or drink properly for much of it so by time I got to Wasdale at 4 I hadn't the energy to continue. Turned back half way up Yewbarrow. Still, I learnt loads and still had a cracking day on the fells - Leg 2 with the sunrise was stunning. Being local means it's easy enough to keep going out and building on the training I've already done so looking at a reattempt later this summer. I was doing it for charity - have raised £3,525 for Macmillan Cancer Support, and a bad day on the BG in comparison with what people suffering from cancer endure on a daily basis is nothing. Anyone wishing to add to the total please visit www.justgiving.com/jontombslondon14

Quote Originally Posted by tombsy View Post
    Hi Andy - that was me and unfortunately not. Being sick twice on Clough Head and four times on Bowfell meant wasn't able to eat or drink properly for much of it so by time I got to Wasdale at 4 I hadn't the energy to continue. Turned back half way up Yewbarrow. Still, I learnt loads and still had a cracking day on the fells - Leg 2 with the sunrise was stunning. Being local means it's easy enough to keep going out and building on the training I've already done so looking at a reattempt later this summer. I was doing it for charity - have raised £3,525 for Macmillan Cancer Support, and a bad day on the BG in comparison with what people suffering from cancer endure on a daily basis is nothing. Anyone wishing to add to the total please visit www.justgiving.com/jontombslondon14
    Blimey... that's a lot of cash you've raised! Good on you for sticking at it despite not being well. Like you say, all good experience and I'm sure you'll nail it next time. If you need any help with support on your next attempt I'm sure there's plenty of folk on here who'd be happy to help out (myself included).
    Geoff Clarke

and me

(just don't pick Wasdale weekend (14th July) )
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Quote Originally Posted by tombsy View Post
    Sorry to here that mucker good luck for the next attempt