Thread: 150 miles of music

150 miles of music

Blackpool to Filey Walking and Busking all the way raising funds for Yorkshire Air Ambulance - http://www.justgiving.com/Tim-Moon

Tim Moon - a slightly eccentric musician and good friend set off yesterday to busk his way from Blackpool to Filey. I've copied his schedule below. If you happen upon him along the way he'd welcome your company and a singsong. He has a facebook page here and he's posting regular updates - https://www.facebook.com/groups/53895261932/ You might be interested to know that he's walking in crocs!

I'm off to unladen him of some gear in Burnley this afternoon as the custom made cart he was planning to tow along behind him fell to pieces before the start so he's now carrying all his gear in a newly acquired rucksac with a bucket to collect donations along the route and his mandola guitar strumming all the way!!

DAY 1

Saturday 26th May
    BLACKPOOL TO MELLOR BROOK via Kirkham and Preston
    DAY 2
    Sunday 27th May
    MELLOR BROOK TO BURNLEYVia A677 to Blackbum. Rishton, Clayton Le Moors, Padiham. NB Ovemight stop will be somewhere to the West of Bumley.
    DAY 3
    Monday 28th may BURNLEY TO SKIPTON
    Via Colne, Earby and Thomton in Craven
    DAY 4
    Tuesday 29th May SKIPTON TO HARROGATE
    Via Bolton Abbey and Blubberhouses
    DAY 5
    Wednesday 30th May HARROGATE TO YORK
    Via Knaresborough and Poppleton
    DAY 6 Tim's 59th Birthday!!!
    Thursday 31st May YORK TO MALTON
    Via A64
    DAY 7
    Friday 1st June MALTON TO SCARBOROUGH
    DAY 8
    Saturday 2nd June
    SCARBOROUGH TO FILEY
    DAY 9
    Sunday 3rd June AROUND FILEY am.

Re: 150 miles of music

Tim has made it safely to Skipton but with rather blistered feet! He managed complete albums of Richard Thompson and John Martyn today!!
    Harrogate tomorrow - say hello and drop a penny or two in his bucket if you can spare it!

Little updates from Tim!
    Day 4 A bit of cloud early on made me think it would be an easier day, but soon burned through. Given tea by the caravan at Kettlesing, then asked into Bistro 67 for a scone and a pint of fresh orange. And an envelope with £52 in for the Air Ambulance! What a contrast with Skipton where my perception filter made the residents refuse to part with more that £1.20 for the ambulance (in an hour!). Hope you never need to use it Skiptonians!

Strangest part of the day? Singing near Skipton when all the sheep in a field came over to watch and listen. They loved it!
    Strangest injury? Sunburn on back of legs.

Day 5 Away from Harrogate in yet more blazing sun, with one tiny splash of rain all day. Along past the Stray and into Mother Shiptons town. Perhaps should have mentioned that I could have solidified my feet there. Got to hostel in York where other chaps are in the room. Pub tomorrow night though.

Strangest part of the day? Being greeted in Starbeck by ladies saying that I must be the one they kept hearing about on the radio. I rang Stray FM and did a live interview about the walk. Blimey, me on commercial radio, what's the world coming to?!
    Strangest injury? The muscles on my left arm are becoming painful with being bent and chording the bouzouki for hours on end. The voice is super though!

Question forumites - does anyone know any train drivers in Filey? Tim has just posted "
    When I get to Filey I want engine men to lean out of steam locomotives, look at me, and say, 'He's done it.' before blowing their whistles. Just like the end of Titfield Thunderbolt."
    Could anyone help to make this happen for him?
    Attachment 6133

And he's made it to Scarborough! Tim Moon will be busking in Scarborough on Saturday then finishing his #150milesofmusic busking and walking on to Filey to finish on Sunday.