Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 21-June-2007 BG Attempts....

Re: 21-June-2007 BG Attempts..

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE THIS WEEKEND!!

I spent over 7 hours on my feet saturday and couldn't imagine trebling it!!

Was overtaken by Rhys and co climbing strong up scarfell pike and I had only been going a couple of hours let alone 12

Amazing stuff absolutley brilliant - would love to be able to get to that level of fitness, alas can't see it happening

WELL DONE AGAIN

emmi

Congratulations GeoffB and others, well deserved

Cheers, Ali

Congratulations Geoff

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Come on Daz, you know you want to. We were all sat around having breakfast on Sunday morning discussing who from Pennine might give it a crack next year - it could be you, Daz.

Dave Jones really is a superb organiser (even when hobbling around on crutches). In the past 3 years Pennine have had 5 successes and no failures, which isn't a bad record for a pretty small club.
    i was giving the BG a lot of thought driving back from the borrowdale recce on saturday, in fact if im honest with myself thats ALL i was thinking about, well that and food as well.
    i only came back yesterday as i had a family gathering to attend, mentioned it to amanda whilst sitting there bored at the family birthday bash and she told everyone that i was thinking of attempting it next year, they all declared i was crackers .

im gonna have a serious think in the next weeks , pennine seem a nice bunch, i dont know many but ive chatted to a couple of the guys at races and it seems a very friendly set up.

Well gone Geoff and everyone else who succeeded this weekend. I found getting round Borrowdale on Saturday in just over 7 hours very tough. How you manage BG in 24 hours I can't begin to imagine.

Go on Daz, you really should! Judging by the way you ran up Dale Head on Saturday, you've certainly got the strength, fitness and determination! Me and Huwski were in awe!

As Daz says, those thoughts do become pretty much all-consuming very quickly. Got it into my head to start doing some recces and already I reckon I'm boring people with it!!

Well done to everyone on Saturday, great to see so many people achieving it. Who was the chap who finishing with about 15 minutes to spare...someone said it was his 4th attempt. Fantastic! So pleased for him.
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog

I found getting round Borrowdale on Saturday in just over 7 hours very tough. How you manage BG in 24 hours I can't begin to imagine
    It's a different mindset. Just go steady & pace yourself. The effort and pain involved in getting up Dale Head on Saturday evening wasn't so different from doing the same climb in Borrowdale.

I find going up Dalehead on the Borrowdale much harder than I found it when I did the BG.
    I'm gonna get that cwazy gwouse...

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    makes me really want to give it a crack next year now
    sounds like pennine where really well organised, i saw some runners coming down at dunmail at about 8.30 and had goosebumps on the back of my neck, i think i need to join a fell running club to have any chance though.
    Give it a go Daz you'll have plenty of support, but the best thing is all the great days out checking the route and getting BG fit

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post

Amazing stuff absolutley brilliant - would love to be able to get to that level of fitness, alas can't see it happening

WELL DONE AGAIN

emmi
    Give it time Emmi you don't know what you've started once the seed has been sown

Bill