Thread: Borrowdale 2012

Borrowdale 2012

Does anybody have any plans for a recce(s) in advance of this year's run? I'm thinking of popping up on a Sunday or two (not sure which ones just yet - although there aren't many) before the big day to do sections of the route - possibly with a trip round the whole route as well. I'd be travelling up from Bury early on a Sunday morning to do a couple of hours or so out on the fells. If anybody else fancies a run out then please put a post on here or pm me - it'd be nice to go out with other people.

Re: Borrowdale 2012

I'm planning a leisurely(ish) run of the route on Sunday 22nd. Dantodman is up for it too. Probably an early start if anyone fancies a run.

Are you still doing this recce?
    It's a bad plan if it can't be changed

Yes - Dan and me will be parking up in the National Trust car park in Rosthwaite. We'll probably get there about 10-10.30 (heading up from Todmorden at about 8am). I'll be in a little blue Nissan Figaro.

I did the race last year (and one recce run last year too) so I'm hoping the route'll come flooding back. See you there if you fancy it/are able to come at short notice.

Sorry Joey. Saw your reply too late. Hope you had a good day out and it wasn't too breezy.
    It's a bad plan if it can't be changed

Hi Joey, nice to meet you and Dan today, we changed our minds about Gable and bailed at the stretcher box. We followed you down to Seathwaite but you were too far ahead for us to catch up.
    Thanks for a good day out,
    Cheers,
    Ian.
    Do what you like, like what you do

Quote Originally Posted by fellgazelle View Post
    Hi Joey, nice to meet you and Dan today, we changed our minds about Gable and bailed at the stretcher box. We followed you down to Seathwaite but you were too far ahead for us to catch up.
    Thanks for a good day out,
    Cheers,
    Ian.
    Hi Ian,

Nice to meet you lads and team up. The day had seemed like a slog until then, what with the wind, rain and clag, but with a few more in the group we started to enjoy it. We saw that you had also bailed and were coming down, but we were enjoying the descent too much to wait up. We shouted as you ran past (we were in the NT car park at Seatoller) but you glided past like a well formed Time Trial Team. Lets hope for better weather on the day.

Dan :wink:

My sentiments exactly. Fingers crossed we have a nice day for it next weekend! See you and the others there Ian. Dan - I'll be in touch re: travel plans at the end of the week.

Cheers for a good day out everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by dantodman View Post
    Hi Ian,

Nice to meet you lads and team up. The day had seemed like a slog until then, what with the wind, rain and clag, but with a few more in the group we started to enjoy it. We saw that you had also bailed and were coming down, but we were enjoying the descent too much to wait up. We shouted as you ran past (we were in the NT car park at Seatoller) but you glided past like a well formed Time Trial Team. Lets hope for better weather on the day.

Dan :wink:

Yep, we'll see you there on the day.
    I managed to slip and take a tumble coming off Red Pike on Saturday and landed heavily on big lump of rock. My back has a very angry bruise which is OK to run with but hurts like hell wearing a bumbag or sack. Hope it clears up for the weekend
    Do what you like, like what you do

Speaking of recce's etc. I hear there's loads of different routes on Borrowdale but after completing it, most of the route seemed fairly straightforward. Anybody got any tips as to where it is that there's a route choice?
    @Hill_Runner on twitter