Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: La Sportiva.....

La Sportiva.....

The new Anakonda...
    Last edited by Roland; 18-07-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Re: La Sportiva.....

These look very interesting. Anyone know if they are coming into the country any time soon?
    "That was the night everything changed"

My X Country are brilliant so I'm excited by the look of those bad boys. Any more information?

There's a little bit of info out there, but not much, and they only seem to be previews not reviews.

Yeah I don't think they're out yet so can't find a review. Brief info says 9.5oz, 4mm differential and they look very well made. Main issue is going to be if they are available over here or not as Sportiva are pretty notorious for not releasing their full range in the UK, and having pretty poor supply of what they do carry. Though you'd have thought a fell shoe would make it to these shores. I'll drop lyon distribution and email and see what response I get in the new year. Will post an update in asap. In the meantime I think I'm gonna get some of the x countries.

Quote Originally Posted by The devil's own View Post
    Yeah I don't think they're out yet so can't find a review. Brief info says 9.5oz, 4mm differential and they look very well made. Main issue is going to be if they are available over here or not as Sportiva are pretty notorious for not releasing their full range in the UK, and having pretty poor supply of what they do carry. Though you'd have thought a fell shoe would make it to these shores. I'll drop lyon distribution and email and see what response I get in the new year. Will post an update in asap. In the meantime I think I'm gonna get some of the x countries.
    Get two pairs mate they're brilliant and the quality of the uppers put Inov8s to shame.....

They will be worth a look if La Sportiva release them over here (if not just order them from the continent). I've recently bought some XC's and they are superb, highly recommended.

Hmmm. I SOOOO wanted this shoe to be great, and in many ways it has been. Grip is fantstic, they fit really well and are very comfortable. But....the uppers have started to fail, despite seeming bombproof. Although they are a double layer construction, and the hole is yet to work its way all the way through the upper, the outer fabric has split on both shoes at the flex point, with the first signs of a hole appearing after less than 120 miles. Some good glue is delaying the process thankfully, and a small hole in the uppers is disappointing, but hardly the end of the world. However, on one shoe the mid and sole unit is de-laminating from the heel forward to the point where I was concerned the whole sole unit might come off mid run! I'm hoping this is a one off (having bought two pairs!) and have attempted to glue this back on as well. Time will tell how long I can eke them out for. Admittedly they have had a hard, if brief, life in the current sea of mud and they have seldom had a chance to completely dry out, but still...
    It'll be interesting to see if anyone else has similar problems (though academic at the end of the day as they are discontinued - but I was going to order another couple of pairs!). Hey ho....

Just seen this thread! Got excited looking at the pics! Couldnt wait to see what The D'sO found out. Suddenely they're reviewed and in the bin virtually!!? Lifes quick round here! :w00t:
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Hmmm. I SOOOO wanted this shoe to be great, and in many ways it has been. Grip is fantstic, they fit really well and are very comfortable. But....the uppers have started to fail, despite seeming bombproof. Although they are a double layer construction, and the hole is yet to work its way all the way through the upper, the outer fabric has split on both shoes at the flex point, with the first signs of a hole appearing after less than 120 miles. Some good glue is delaying the process thankfully, and a small hole in the uppers is disappointing, but hardly the end of the world. However, on one shoe the mid and sole unit is de-laminating from the heel forward to the point where I was concerned the whole sole unit might come off mid run! I'm hoping this is a one off (having bought two pairs!) and have attempted to glue this back on as well. Time will tell how long I can eke them out for. Admittedly they have had a hard, if brief, life in the current sea of mud and they have seldom had a chance to completely dry out, but still...
    It'll be interesting to see if anyone else has similar problems (though academic at the end of the day as they are discontinued - but I was going to order another couple of pairs!). Hey ho....
    Think you're on the wrong thread mate. These haven't been released yet