Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Shelf Moor

Re: Shelf Moor 2010

Quote Originally Posted by William Clough View Post
    The wide angle view works really well.They look like they taken on a large format camera.
    Cheers mate, a lot of cycling snappers use the same trick especially in the mountains.

Results also up on Glossopdale site. I know of one change, and will put these into the final version

Quote Originally Posted by second to last View Post
    Results also up on Glossopdale site. I know of one change, and will put these into the final version
    Hi Gordon, may not be relevant but I did note Alexis' time through the finish at 1hr 46mins - I happened to have the stop watch running from the Ladies Race still going so this is accurate. Alison
    Ali H - Glossopdale Harriers

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Barbara was well looked after with 4 hunky blokes in the clan tent with her, her husband would like to have a word with one of them "Werdna Swilnik" I believe who kept her warm! Big thank you there I think. 3 walkers also helped out.

She was carried off by the combined efforts of Glossop and Woodhead MRT. Then taken to Hospital.
    My very best wishes go out to Barbara for a speedy recovery - she's a very brave lady! Also, many thanks indeed to the Mountain Rescue teams who were superb, and to Alexis and Des who were taking care of Barbara when I arrived from Dowstones Clough, where I'd been marshalling.

Werdna

Must say the 2nd half of the route was positively life affirming. Even a fat plodder like me was able to blast round - bring on Tanky's pah !!! Thank you to all at Glossopdale.

Hi all

About 200 pictures available online here: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/110461336539830313785

Let me know if you want a better resolution version of any of them.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Werdna Swilnik View Post
    My very best wishes go out to Barbara for a speedy recovery - she's a very brave lady! Also, many thanks indeed to the Mountain Rescue teams who were superb, and to Alexis and Des who were taking care of Barbara when I arrived from Dowstones Clough, where I'd been marshalling.

Werdna
    latest On Barbara is that she is home after a night in hospital. She's in good spirits despite a bad break of one of her wrist bones, She was thankful it wasn't her leg and sends thanks to all those who helped esp Alexis, Des and Andy (Werdna). she has asked me to pass on thanks to all those involved and the 2 rescue teams who carried her off.

Spoke to Barbara this morning. Still in good spirits despite being up to her third pot already :thunbdown: If the bones wont knit together naturally theres a chance she might have to have the wrist pinned. Shes worried about her knee which is giving her problems. I think shes more worried about this at the moment.

On the plus side - all the potatoes have been harvested and the spring cabbage was planted before the race which is a big relief. When Barbara not running shes gardening - I was seeing her digging up potatoes with one hand

She again said how lovely everyone was who helped her and how thankfull she was.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body

Shelf Moor 2011

Just a quick reminder the the Shelf Moor Race will soon be upon us again,

Sept 4th 11am start, more details at www.glossopdale.org.uk

To risk opening a can of worms, I will be asking runners to carry the minimum kit of pertex (or equivalent) jacket and trousers. I am happy to except that it is unlikely you would need this kit for the actual race. However based on our experiences from last year, when we needed the assistance of Mountain Rescue to help an injured runner off the hills, it does take about an hour for the MR after call out to reach some of the points on the course. Even in good conditions this is long enough for an injured runner, possibly in shock, to cool significantly. While not a perfect solution the body cover will provide some protection from the elements. Like last year some of the marshalls will be carrying survival bags, but again it takes time for the marshalls to reach an injured runner.

Gordon
    Last edited by second to last; 24-08-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Re: Shelf Moor 2011

I have been asked to mention that Lynne and Tim of Global Therapies (http://www.globaltherapies.com) will be set up in the registration hall offering pre and post race sports massage.

Tim will also be running the race.