Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Shelf Moor

It looks like there's going to be a lot of people from the inter-club fell race competition with Spectrum Striders RC, Helsby RC, Pensby Runners and Tattenhall Runners, where there's a message about windproof body cover. Don't forget to bring along full FRA kit (waterproof full bodycover, etc.) just in case, as you should for any fell race.

Should be good weather tomorrow, so hopefully won't have to make people carry it.
    Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by not mad enough View Post
    It looks like there's going to be a lot of people from the inter-club fell race competition with Spectrum Striders RC, Helsby RC, Pensby Runners and Tattenhall Runners, where there's a message about windproof body cover. Don't forget to bring along full FRA kit (waterproof full bodycover, etc.) just in case, as you should for any fell race.

Should be good weather tomorrow, so hopefully won't have to make people carry it.
    Charlie.
    decent conditions made for great views from the top... when it was finally reached... a good old fell/bog trot along the top and you're back down the descent with a bang... nothing like a couple of targets in front to inspire a 6 minute-mile finish!

Can't believe I won the raffle - for the kit check! Passed without question, but did see one gent en-route with a bum bag no bigger than a money wallet! If he had coat and trousers in there then they must have been wind proof - for a baby ;-)

Great race, though that climb went on forever. Even the decent seemed further than I expected, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Great organisation, great marshalling (cheers all!) and grand as owt cakes and brews in real mugs at the end - what more do you want?

Thanks for a great race. Blimey, that climb went on a bit! Thanks to all marshals, helpers, etc
    Last edited by idler; 07-09-2014 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Can't believe I won the raffle - for the kit check! Passed without question, but did see one gent en-route with a bum bag no bigger than a money wallet! If he had coat and trousers in there then they must have been wind proof - for a baby ;-)

Great race, though that climb went on forever. Even the decent seemed further than I expected, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Great organisation, great marshalling (cheers all!) and grand as owt cakes and brews in real mugs at the end - what more do you want?
    Glad you enjoyed to race, kit requirements were for windproof top and bottoms so the guy with the small bumbag had plenty of room for the correct kit....i know cos I checked him. Given the size of bag I made him get them out to show me they were what was claimed, and they were.

Quote Originally Posted by idler View Post
    Thanks for a great race. Blimey, that climb went on a bit! Thanks to all marshals, helpers, etc
    Cheers, enjoyed being part of the organising clubs pre race activities and then sweeping the course.

Results here.

Great race, really enjoyed it.

I have added a few photos from near James Thorn on the link below. It was a good day out on the hill and plenty of smiling faces despite the position on the climb!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/114588...7647538744305/

IMGL9281.jpg