Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
No, it is the Peris Horseshoe I am doing not the Paddy Buckley, but having said that I would love to have a got at the Paddy. Speaking to Wardy last Thursday he was saying it is a much better route than the BG.
Sorry.. Peris has minor nav in general but lots of mini lines which help.. just off Glyder Fawr to PyP is the big section.. but few Eryri know that line well.. its also very easy to get very wrong even if you know it and you can get caught in crags if you do get it wrong.. so always ask them how well they know it.. if in doubt stick to the path as its only a few minutes.. maybe 5 minutes slower I now reckon.. also depends how wet it is..

The rest is paths really with a few minor lines on lliwedd, Snowdon itself and down the ranger but nothing critical..

I don't know the BGR well enough to comment but mainly get surprise on its roughness compared to the BGR, which is deffo reducing as more and more trods develop.. i think the view the PBR is 1 hr slower than the BGR is now redundant as its certainly quicker than it was 5 years ago.