Thread: Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

No I'd neve heard of him until yesterday either.

Turns out he's a WWF fighter and killed his wife and son - some say it's due to the steriods sending him a bit wongy and some due to the pressures of his wife and disabled son.

His son incidentally has the SAME dissability (Fragile X Syndrome) as MY son

Made me really sad last night to read about this - tragic.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...e,130882.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Benoit
    Last edited by emmilou; 29-06-2007 at 07:48 AM.

Re: Chris Benoit

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    No I'd neve heard of him until yesterday either.

Turns out he's a WWF fighter and killed his wife and son - some say it's due to the steriods sending him a bit wongy and some due to the pressures of his wife and disabled son.

His son incidentally has the SAME dissability (Fragile X Syndrome) as MY son

Made me really sad last night to read about this - tragic.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...e,130882.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Benoit
    Yeah Emmi it's sad but as far as Chris is concerned he's not the 1st wrestler to die young and under suspicious circumstances & don't think he'll be the last
    Track rules

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Lad View Post
    Yeah Emmi it's sad but as far as Chris is concerned he's not the 1st wrestler to die young and under suspicious circumstances & don't think he'll be the last

Yeah it's not good is it and to be truthful if the fragile X hadn't been the trigger that flashed it to my attention I probably wouldn't have read that much into it

a young mum also killed herself and her son last summer - again her son had FX so this Chris story made me 'sit up' really.

Yeah it's not good is it and to be truthful if the fragile X hadn't been the trigger that flashed it to my attention I probably wouldn't have read that much into it

a young mum also killed herself and her son last summer - again her son had FX so this Chris story made me 'sit up' really.
    forgive my asking i don't know much about this problem if you don't mind me asking
    Track rules

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Lad View Post
    forgive my asking i don't know much about this problem if you don't mind me asking

that's ok! that's half the problem tbh - this is an all to common cause of genetically inherited retardation yet so few know about it.

if you click on the top link on my first post it will tell you more about the syndrome

yeah i found out about this a few days ago apparently he as on loopy steriods that sent him crazy
    The race does not always go to the swift, but to the ones who keep running

I have looked after three kids with Fragile X at different times/places over the years. All three are fantastic to work with.
    There may have been other factors involved. Shame as reading his wikopedia bit he has had an illustrious career.
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

that's ok! that's half the problem tbh - this is an all to common cause of genetically inherited retardation yet so few know about it.

if you click on the top link on my first post it will tell you more about the syndrome
    I will do thanks Emmi
    Track rules

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I have looked after three kids with Fragile X at different times/places over the years. All three are fantastic to work with.
    There may have been other factors involved. Shame as reading his wikopedia bit he has had an illustrious career.
    It had been said he was out of it because of the steroids when he killed his wife then he came round & obviously realised what he'd done then took his son's & his own life
    Track rules