Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Have you ever been last?

It's the truth!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    No way to speak about Mr Breeze

A classic night!

Just like the first Bedlamite Embsay - thick with an ice encrusted snow - easy to follow the route, just followed the blood trail from Sam Watson's shins!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Ian, that reminds me of the Bedlamite Embsay run. Complete pea souper on the moor, so bad that even the marshal couldn't find the turning point! I got to the top of the rise after Rylstone Gate and wondered what all the lights were doing away to my right. It was only on tapping the memorial cross that I realised that the "lights" were all those who had missed the turning point and had continued for another mile. One of the few times I got a top ten placing

I remember half the field beating Ian Holmes at one Bedlamite Kettlewell

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    I remember half the field beating Ian Holmes at one Bedlamite Kettlewell
    That's the one I won, when the first 6 or 7 got lost in circles looking for the trig point. Hee hee hee.
    See the light in the night

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    But Graham, what about the Bedlamite event on Parlick & Fairsnape, maybe 7 or 8 years ago ..... total pea-souper with horizontal stair rods?

OR, the 2014 Buttermere-Sailbeck?

Ian.
    I was last in said Sailbeck race, it was possibly the worst conditions I have raced in. Total pea Souper - luckily the sweepers saved me a trip up Grasmoor like Graham!

The one day I was glad to have full kit and I even had spare to give a severely hypothermic runner at the last checkpoint.
    Wayne McIntosh - Clayton-le-Moors Harriers

Fellrunning Blog

Super Moderator
    Good work Captain
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Lothersdale Bedlamite, one forumite got lost and ended up in the wrong valley and Brett and K1 ended up in a car looking for him!! They still won't let me live this down!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Shuffle View Post
    I was last in said Sailbeck race, it was possibly the worst conditions I have raced in. Total pea Souper - luckily the sweepers saved me a trip up Grasmoor like Graham!
    Well not quite up Grasmoor... but certainly my worst day on the fells (as Ian and the Schofields will verify) after over 1000 fell races, including 12 Sailbecks!, and setting off from CP4 on the right bearing for the last CP...which all goes to show you can never "switch off".
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 26-01-2017 at 12:18 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".