Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Border Collie, well trained

Re: Border Collie, well traine

Attachment 6570
    More good news. Imagine Winnie crossing this little bridge, strolling across the lane straight into a lovely little cottage door, into the living room and dropping down in front of the real fire. Bliss. Winnie's new home :-)

Dont panic though. She isnt going anywhere without us. We all move in in January. We love it! Its our dream home :thumbup:

Missed this, only found it via thread of the year, just don't get the time any more.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Well Winnie is now well and truly covered. Today's visit to the vets for a medial and all inoculations with a clean bill of health given :-).
    She also came out with a new lead and 3 tennis balls (she loves her tennis balls)

The issue with other dogs is great as long as I'm running. Say "close" as I get near and she runs behind me not bothering other dog. If I'm walking it takes a tennis ball to distract her. She will drop said tennis ball though if other dog comes towards her then she snaps at the other dogs bum. Never breaking skin but she has come away with fur once.

Very happy little Winnie and very happy us too :-) x

We were wondering how Winnie would be with children and we now have our answer. My daughter, son-in-law and their 3 little girls came to stay with us for 3 days over Christmas. The verdict :thumbup:
    My daughter said if she could pick a dog that was perfect for her family, Winnie would be it.

She was just lovely, girls didn't over fuss her and Winnie got in her bed when she wanted a bit of peace. Took them all over Mam Tor on Thursday and Winnie was a proper mother hen with them.

We know we have been so lucky with Winnie and rescue dogs don't always turn out to be so right. I really do hope though that people start to think before buying puppies just what a commitment that is. Most of the dogs in rescue centres were once that "must have, i'll love it forever puppy".

I could cry when I think of all the dogs just wanting a second chance. Sadly most won't get it.

Brilliant RTS! :thumbup: She's obviously a very clever doggy.

Hey that's great! Keep the good news coming, it's been so depressing over xmas with the dog welfare situation worse than ever.

Winnie and Tia's treat based training going well. Winnie's latest - no mater how far away she is we call "Winnie down" and she instantly drops down and waits for us to get to her or call her to us. She gets a treat. Tia's (our chocolate lab) latest - she hears us call "Winnie down" and she follows us closely as she knows treats are being handed out lol. Both dogs happy :thumbup:

I was delighted to meet Winnie in Edale while waiting for the Trigger runners to finish...what a great dog. I was about to offer my help in searching for her when the good news that she'd been found was announced. So pleased to have met her, she's lovely

Don't look on forum much these days but just read this whole thread. Now where's that hanky?
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    I was delighted to meet Winnie:thumbup: in Edale while waiting for the Trigger runners to finish...what a great dog. I was about to offer my help in searching for her when the good news that she'd been found was announced. So pleased to have met her, she's lovely
    And she enjoyed meeting everyone too :-). It's great how much she is thoroughly enjoying her life now. We are so lucky to have her