Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Border Collie, well trained

Re: Border Collie, well traine

Quote Originally Posted by bestathlete View Post
    Don't look on forum much these days but just read this whole thread. Now where's that hanky?
    Glad you enjoyed the thread. Had her out in the snow today and she loved it. Even having snowballs thrown at her was fun. She is now fast asleep in her bed by the fire. She is the cutest dog I've ever seen.

The issue with dogs caused a problem yesterday when we were trapped on a footbridge with a black lab coming the other way off the lead. I got Winnie into the edge and told the guy that she is not good with other dogs so let me get her calm and down and it will be fine. He just kept coming and the dog went between my legs to get to Winnie. I was wearing black running tights and Winnie went back at the dog clamping her jaws around my calf!!! She realised straight away she had my leg and not the other dog so she let go. No broken skin but the biggest blackest bruise I've ever had. The guy just walked off.
    Winnie really isn't herself since and is sticking to me and MrRTS like glue. She seems really scared and although she was settling in lovely we feel she has gone back to being very insecure.
    Poor little mite isn't being persuaded by lots of love and cuddles either. If dogs can look sad she is :-(

Awwww no, poor Winnie. She must be mortified that she bit you. Sounds like you were being very responsible and fell foul of the other dog owner being the complete opposite :thunbdown:

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    Awwww no, poor Winnie. She must be mortified that she bit you. Sounds like you were being very responsible and fell foul of the other dog owner being the complete opposite :thunbdown:
    Thankfully she is back to her usual trusting self (with us anyway). Photo today on a hill above where we live. You can see our cottage in the background :-) Attachment 6817

Thought I'd let you know an important development in Winnie's happy life. I started working 3 full days a week 3 weeks ago. I start at 9 and finish at 5, rushing home to take the dogs for a quick wee at lunch. I walk them for 45mins before work and MrRTS takes them out at 3.15 for a long walk when he gets home.
    Bit of a dilemma as Winnie is being very clingy now. Our choc lab is getting on a bit and as soon as she has finished her walk and had breakfast she is off to bed and sleeps all day.

The owner of the place I work has seen me rushing home at lunch and asked me today
    "Would Winnie like to be the office dog?". :thumbup:
    So from next week Winnie is working at "High Peak Wilderness First Aid Training Centre" with us.
    We have got a neighbour to check on Tia at lunch everyday just incase she is up lol

Great stuff :thumbup:

Would love to take my dog to work !
    .Lucky girl!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Great stuff.. I did my first aid training there.. and will now look to do my recap... :-)

Thats great news for all concerned! I'd guess even the staff at the Peak First-Aid! It'll be great for Winnie! Love the pic above too! Looks like a nice place Winnie has there!!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com