Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Border Collie, well trained

Re: Border Collie, well traine

You must be so relieved to have her back safe and well. You've done an incredible job finding her as it sounds like you had a very large area to search. She's one lucky collie.
    Linda Murgatroyd, Calder Valley Fell Runners

That is the loveliest story. Full of sadness, hope and excitement...and a fabulous ending. I am so pleased your friend is home safe. Winnie is going to have a happy life.

Blimey i think its the most i've checked on forum hoping for good news, amazing what hardy characters dogs are
    long live the Winnie

That's fantastic news. I'm so pleased you've found her. Made me get a bit tearful!
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Great to hear she's ok. Very pleased for the dog and the family. Thanks for keeping everyone updated!
    Josh Hubbard - Ambleside AC

Winnie had a better night than we expected :-). We went to bed at 11pm and left the door to upstairs open. Heard her crying after 15mins so I grabbed the sleeping bag and sleep mat and headed downstairs. We were outside walking down the lane behind our home at 1pm, her quite happy me looking lush in my bright pink fluffy dressing gown with White stars on :-). She settled next to me when we got back in and proceeded to lick my hand and arm to within an inch of it's life. I told her to settle down and she did with a look every few mins to make sure I was still there. I popped upstairs to the bathroom and when I came back down she was curled up fast asleep in her bed where she stayed till this morning.
    She craves affection which she is going to get lots of so no problem there. What a truly lovely dog, we love her already. I really don't think we are going to have any big issues with her as she seems to be pretty happy here, unless she is just too shattered to bother at the moment ha ha. She appears to have no ill effects from her gad about except a couple of sore foot pads from the running on the road. We bathed them last night with sea salt warm water and I'm sure she will be fine.
    She has just let out a sigh, stretched out and snuggled back down on her bed. Aww, bliss :-).
    Now just I need to sleep, night night all (I have an hour). MrRTS has been at work since 5.30am.

Oh that is such a relief, for you and for Winnie (and us!!)! She sounds so lovely, and she is obviously glad to be back!

SOunds wonderful for the three of you. Do you have a harness for her (noticed you'd said about one earlier in the thread), as I've a spare one and will be driving through Bamford on Sunday?

Sort of a mini "incredible journey" with a great outcome for all concerned :thumbup:
    No country for old men.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    SOunds wonderful for the three of you. Do you have a harness for her (noticed you'd said about one earlier in the thread), as I've a spare one and will be driving through Bamford on Sunday?
    That would be great Paul. It will give us time to research one. We can pick it up from if you live anywhere near the peaks. Thank you so much :-)