Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kilburn Kanter

Quote Originally Posted by MarkClayton View Post
    Shame I wasn’t able to identify/speak to other FRA Forum members that were there……. I’m still getting to know people so don’t know what some of you look like. Perhaps we need better avatar/profile pictures
    WHAT? ...You didn't recognise me from my avatar?!?
    Still, I suppose I'm not quite as bouncy these days....

I like the idea of an FRA buff, or even better an FRA Forum buff. It could have a space to add our Forum Name in permanent marker. (Parkrun would already have it professionally made and marketed but at a price no true fell runner would ever pay!)
    I've often thought it would be good to have a way that Forumites could spot each other. For a couple of years I had a blue ribbon tied to my bumbag with the forum web address and TUSSOCKFACE on it. Nobody ever responded. This was either because they were all in front of me and didn't see it, or did see it and wisely decided to give me a wide berth.

Glad you enjoyed the event.
    It sounds as if your route that missed the self-clip was the one I took last year, like you following others who insisted that they were on the right route when they were more in the woods than on the ridge line. If anything that route is very slightly longer so no one's going to accuse you of cheating!

Smellyhelly and MT, I agree that it's bizarre that some people take short cuts on what after all is a Challenge Event and not a race. The challenge is to complete the course; if you don't do the course you've failed, no matter how fast you are. If speed were the only important factor, people might as well just amble round the Village Hall and walk straight back in to claim their crumble and custard. I was running for a while with a guy who told me about someone he knew of who has perfected a series of short cuts that in total reduce the 24 miles to just under 18.
    Crazy; pointless.
    Last edited by Tussockface; 06-11-2016 at 10:28 PM.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Smellyhelly and MT, I agree that it's bizarre that some people take short cuts on what after all is a Challenge Event and not a race. The challenge is to complete the course; if you don't do the course you've failed, no matter how fast you are. If speed were the only important factor, people might as well just amble round the Village Hall and walk straight back in to claim their crumble and custard. I was running for a while with a guy who told me about someone he knew of who has perfected a series of short cuts that in total reduce the 24 miles to just under 18.
    Crazy; pointless.
    I see that results have been published in name order only with this comment from the organisers which I and I'm sure the vast majority fully support: "Due to numerous comments regarding entrants cutting short the official KK Route, results created in chronological order would seem irrelevant as there is no longer a common benchmark Henceforth all results will appear in Alphabetical order."

Results are up and there has been a response to people taking short cuts…… “Due to numerous comments regarding entrants cutting short the official KK Route, results created in chronological order would seem irrelevant as there is no longer a common benchmark. Henceforth all results will appear in Alphabetical order.”

As TF already mentioned, don’t understand the mind-set of people deliberately not following the specified route.

https://www.ldwa.org.uk/NorthYorkshi...rn-kanter.html
    Totley AC

Ooops, you beat me to it Martin.
    Totley AC

Quote Originally Posted by MarkClayton View Post
    Ooops, you beat me to it Martin.
    Almost a score-draw Mark!