Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnside Knott

Re: Arnside Knott

Quote Originally Posted by arnside knott View Post
    There seem to have been lots of positive comments from the runners.
    The Senior results are now linked to race website with report ,photos and junior results to follow.
    Great photo by Andy but he has chosen to stand at the muddiest spot! Most of it was pretty dry under foot.
    Cheers for the results - I finished one place higher than I thought so even better! Other club members enjoyed too, although we waited around for a fair bit before realising the 'presentations' had already been done. Never mind, we'll have to be quicker next year.

Yes only a few really muddy spots and nearly frozen hard, but our shoes tell a different story!

See you next year.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Markollyh View Post
    As I mentioned in my first post this was my first fell run....is it normal to have serious pain in your buttock muscles after this type of run? I guess some serious hill training required!
    If it's literally your first ever fell run and you raced it I wouldn't be surprised if everything hurt! Get some hill training done and your next race won't hurt half as much. Welcome to the forum btw and good luck :thumbup:
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Hi M and welcome to the forums. I'm not an expert but buttock pain seems acceptable, especially if you slipped down the 'dipper'.

My fist fell run of any kind. I do a fair bit of road running but after yesterday can honestly say I am addicted to fell running already. What an adrenaline rush I have been on a high all day and can't wait for the next race.

Super Moderator

My fist fell run of any kind. I do a fair bit of road running but after yesterday can honestly say I am addicted to fell running already. What an adrenaline rush I have been on a high all day and can't wait for the next race.
    Brilliant! :w00t:
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Yep, addictive is only the half of it... Btw if my name-matching sleuthing skills are accurate that was a good result, first race or not!

Quote Originally Posted by arnside knott View Post
    There seem to have been lots of positive comments from the runners.
    The Senior results are now linked to race website with report ,photos and junior results to follow.
    Great photo by Andy but he has chosen to stand at the muddiest spot! Most of it was pretty dry under foot.
    A non-mud pic especially for you arnie!

Wood Runner

Wood Runner
    by Andy Holden, on Flickr

Nice shot again - he'll love how you captured the puffed cheeks at maximum volume!

Arnside Knot fell race

Anyone doing this on Sunday? Does anyone know how much of the course is marked?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Harrison View Post
    Anyone doing this on Sunday? Does anyone know how much of the course is marked?
    http://arnsideknott.blogspot.co.uk

Have a look at the map at the bottom of this page Sam, pretty well marked and marshalled. Have you got your entry in?