Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Arnside Knott

last minute job but looks like just managed to get it

Ran this today and loved it. My second fell race ever after doing it last year and managed to knock 6 minutes off my time....I really must enter more of these...fantastic fun :-)

6 minute improvement? And I was chuffed with 24 seconds... Great little out and back with almost every type of terrain. Thanks to Dallam for another well-organized and welcoming event. See you next year.
    John H - Howgill Harriers

Great race, particularly appreciated the ample amounts of tape that made the course really clear! Good atmosphere and seemed very well organised. Thanks to all involved!

Master
    What a great little race - more a hilly trail race rather than fell - wonderful to see how fit/fast/competitive some of the youngsters are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    What a great little race - more a hilly trail race rather than fell - wonderful to see how fit/fast/competitive some of the youngsters are.
    I thought this was tough enough.....I obviously haven't done a fell race yet but if this is just hilly god help me :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Markollyh View Post
    I thought this was tough enough.....I obviously haven't done a fell race yet but if this is just hilly god help me :-)
    That's the attitude! I always feel like that!

Seriously, don't let it put you off fell racing because everyone​ adjusts their effort level to the terrain: most runners walk up steep fellsides, but try to run hill trails. In both cases, if you push yourself it feels tough.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    That's the attitude! I always feel like that!

Seriously, don't let it put you off fell racing because everyone​ adjusts their effort level to the terrain: most runners walk up steep fellsides, but try to run hill trails. In both cases, if you push yourself it feels tough.
    Well said. The race today was as demanding as a 'pure' fell race, for different reasons. And I remembered to hold something back for that last little climb this year!
    John H - Howgill Harriers

3rd ever fell race enjoyed it , need to get fitter though ! Thanks go out to Dallam running club and all others who helped in organising it.

Loved this local race for me fast and furious. Thanks Dallam
    Lonsdale Fell Runners