Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand painted pebbles.

Hand painted pebbles.

Has anyone else come across hand painted pebbles left on trig points? I found one on my local trig last year, and another on a trig across the dale yesterday. Handwriting on the rear says' hide or keep' and refers to a FB page. I'm not on FB so just wondering.
    Am Yisrael Chai

I found one on High Wheeldon TP last year. There was a link to FB on it and it also said "please take me somewhere exciting". I'm not really on FB but have a nom de plume account so that I can view stuff.

I found out that this pebble and others had been painted by a young autistic lad and his mum. There were also pictures of it in various "exciting" places. In one photograph it appeared to be held by an airline pilot in his cockpit and another in a hot air balloon.

I took the pebble with me and its new "exciting" destination, after sitting in my car for a week, was the TP on the summit of Pumlumon.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 15-02-2024 at 05:58 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Pumlumon is popular on the Forum this week!
    I often have those spiral seashells in my pocket and it amuses me leaving them on mountain trigpoints. I always hope some kid will be pleased to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    It is.

We'll have to give it a rest as we don't want it becoming too popular!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Never heard of the pebble thing before, but Pumlumon trig is a great choice - probably get picked up by a raven and dropped who knows where?
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

I often have those spiral seashells in my pocket and it amuses me leaving them on mountain trigpoints. I always hope some kid will be pleased to find it.
    I do the same with dog poo bags. Sometimes I hang them in trees. I started a few years ago and it seems to have started a craze.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I do the same with dog poo bags. Sometimes I hang them in trees. I started a few years ago and it seems to have started a craze.
    So you are not only a Moderator but also an Influencer!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Ha Ha! on my morning walk round our local nature reserve I pick up dog poo bags that have been dumped by your disciples. I get funny looks - as i don't have a dog.

Ha Ha! on my morning walk round our local nature reserve I pick up dog poo bags that have been dumped by your disciples. I get funny looks - as i don't have a dog.
    Hey Man! I say whatever turns you on...
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".