Page 115 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1171

Thread: Wadsworth Trog

Who else is having a trot round on Saturday ? I'm not marshalling this year - have been "encouraged" to race so will be able to share your pain & pleasure at 1st hand.......
    This BG round & the training therein is dedicated to the fond memory of Daz H - there is no such word as can't.

Terrible weather for Wadsworth Trog - The Beast joint win for Karl Gray & Ben Mounsey, ladies winner Holly Page all of Calder Valley FR, respect to all the marshalls, helpers and runners, photos on http://woodentops.org.uk/index.php… … …

Banned

Thanks to all who helped organise and Marshall at the trog. Horrible day to be out, hope you've all dried out/warmed up!��

Hi All, been a bit late getting my entry in, didn't imagine everyone being so keen I had done a recce and was all ready apart from the actual important bit of entering. Bit of a fail really.

If anyone thinks better of it and wants to swap entries please pm me and let me know.

For anyone doing the Trog: note that the route between CP12 and CP13 has changed slightly - when you get to the road, rather than going straight over into the boggy fields (and possible mad-horse dodging) we'll be taking the track to the left, down Wadsworth Lane and then back onto the original route via a bridleway further down the road.
    It'll be flagged on the day, and is on the map I've just amended on the race webpage: http://www.cvfr.co.uk/races/wadsworth-trog/

PS: hope you've managed to get an entry AJF
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Not done this one before. What are the parking arrangements….. are they near to the pavilion? Might be a bit tight on time as driving up from the south very early. Hoping to be there by 9.15am. That leave enough time to get to the pavilion and go through registration/kit check?
    Totley AC

Quote Originally Posted by MarkClayton View Post
    Not done this one before. What are the parking arrangements….. are they near to the pavilion? Might be a bit tight on time as driving up from the south very early. Hoping to be there by 9.15am. That leave enough time to get to the pavilion and go through registration/kit check?
    Parking is tight round there, which is the main reason for restriction on race numbers. Though when you are parked up it won't be too far from the cricket club.
    Kit check is thorough (as it has to be on a winter long!) but I reckon you will be fine arriving at 9:15.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
    For anyone doing the Trog: note that the route between CP12 and CP13 has changed slightly - when you get to the road, rather than going straight over into the boggy fields (and possible mad-horse dodging) we'll be taking the track to the left, down Wadsworth Lane and then back onto the original route via a bridleway further down the road.
    It'll be flagged on the day, and is on the map I've just amended on the race webpage: http://www.cvfr.co.uk/races/wadsworth-trog/

PS: hope you've managed to get an entry AJF
    Thanks for the route change, I think we met the mad horse on a recce. I'm not sure I could out run him at the end of the race! Unless it's changed much since the end of November, calling the field boggy is being kind. It was more effluent than bog when we were there!

Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
    Parking is tight round there, which is the main reason for restriction on race numbers. Though when you are parked up it won't be too far from the cricket club.
    Kit check is thorough (as it has to be on a winter long!) but I reckon you will be fine arriving at 9:15.
    Thanks Bill. That's very helpful. Will be doing my bit re car sharing with 1 or 2 others. Actually, 1 of them is on the waiting list (Kevin Minter)..... any info on how far down the list they are and the likely chance of them getting a place?
    Totley AC