Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tal-y-fan

Re: Tal y fan

Its the Rowen carnival again so I presume so..

http://tyn-y-groes.org/english/?page_id=4

Listed there anyway...

Great - thanks very much. That's my pass secured

Nice warm day up the Conwy Valley today!

Chris Near set off like a steam train but Jez Brown hauled him back to win again with ladies winner Lauren Jeska round about 5th or 6th. Last week's ladies winner at Moel Siabod, Anwen Darlington, overtook me just at the top of Tal y Fan but then swooped down rapidly across the (fairly dry) bog to come in second lady. This is a lovely low key village carnival event with a great atmosphere, I'm sure Mike and Dave from Leighton Buzzard enjoyed coming all this way.

Glad it went well. We were caught behind an accident and missed it so had a family day on the beach instead! Maybe next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Harrier View Post
    Nice warm day up the Conwy Valley today!

Chris Near set off like a steam train but Jez Brown hauled him back to win again with ladies winner Lauren Jeska round about 5th or 6th. Last week's ladies winner at Moel Siabod, Anwen Darlington, overtook me just at the top of Tal y Fan but then swooped down rapidly across the (fairly dry) bog to come in second lady. This is a lovely low key village carnival event with a great atmosphere, I'm sure Mike and Dave from Leighton Buzzard enjoyed coming all this way.
    Chris always does that.... makes every race against him hard as you always have to at least cover him early on... Good win by Jez..

Fun day, 10:15am stepped off the plane from a week's training in Austria/Germany (and a tiny tiny race ) , and almost got caught out dawdling from Manchester Airport due to the heavy traffic! It's good feeling race-fit again, especially as I'm off to Catalonia for Olla de Nuria next weekend.

Yes, 5th overall, 76:12 (I think 12), and 3 1/2 mins off Andrea's record. Almost had a chance to go for the overall win, closing in on the top three guys before/after the stone circle - Jez not knowing the way though? - Huw Davies looked to be struggling but still kept up the pace too, and I dropped another place on the road as I want to go out training tomorrow. I love the sun

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Chris always does that.... makes every race against him hard as you always have to at least cover him early on... Good win by Jez..
    Nice goody bags today - I ate most of mine on the way home.

Also it was nice to see James McQ en route looking cheerful:thumbup:
    Last edited by Welsh Harrier; 14-07-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Harrier View Post
    Nice goody bags today - I ate most of mine on the way home.

Also it was nice to see James McQ en route looking cheerful:thumbup:
    I didn't get a goody bag. Do I need to run faster?

picture of you here Lauren and photo of Jez too

http://www.eryriharriers.org.uk/tal-y-fan/

was a really good day despite the heat and didn't even suffer with my calf as much as I have recently so hopefully turned a small corner. Left my bumbag in the field at the end though but at least I didn't forget my orange.
    http://helsbyrunningclub.wordpress.com/

i'll risk it for a biscuit

:w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by LissaJous View Post
    Fun day, 10:15am stepped off the plane from a week's training in Austria/Germany (and a tiny tiny race ) , and almost got caught out dawdling from Manchester Airport due to the heavy traffic! It's good feeling race-fit again, especially as I'm off to Catalonia for Olla de Nuria next weekend.

Yes, 5th overall, 76:12 (I think 12), and 3 1/2 mins off Andrea's record. Almost had a chance to go for the overall win, closing in on the top three guys before/after the stone circle - Jez not knowing the way though? - Huw Davies looked to be struggling but still kept up the pace too, and I dropped another place on the road as I want to go out training tomorrow. I love the sun
    You'll have to improve your orbital trajectory!