Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegan Welsh 3000s

Re: Vegan Welsh 3000s

Quote Originally Posted by mabli View Post
    yep off at Bwlch Goch and follow the path that runs parallel to the stream and road into nant peris, north ridge is lovely and I think its the route for any record attempts but a bit exposed
    No the quickest way is via the bwlch... that was the record route.. the film shows otherwise.. but that was filmed afterwards..

The ridge is nice, but its loose, probably more serious than the East ridge due to the looseness.

I'm not sure of the quickest route actually through the cwm.. I descend then swing left and run down tributaries until I hit llyn glas? the one with the tree on the island anyway.. and then descent across the outflow that takes you down to the path which runs down cmw glas mawr and through to innys etws..

But I think it might be quicker to go more direct, staying right of the llyn...

and from the bridge just follow the road... its about 1.5 miles gently down hill.. so only 10 mins or so.. there is a path up the hillside but its sketchy and much slower..

I used my way when guiding it as its pretty good underfoot and avoids any crags.. and also a very logical route to follow if clagged in.. you can get a bit crag bound if you lose the line the other way.
    Last edited by IainR; 11-01-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Cheers. Will hopefully get a run out over there next Saturday so will give it a go.
    Geoff Clarke

http://www.vegan-welsh-3000s.co.uk/#...ion/4563563499

Just seen theres a shorted race on the day now, Vegan Carneddau. 14k
    "Vegan Carneddau

Due to pressure from runners who want to take part but don't fancy Crib Goch or wont be ready for the entire race, we're doing the last section across the Carneddau (no nasty drops, only one big ascent, the rest are more gradual).

This shorter route still manages to take in 7 mountains over 3,000ft"

Was thinking of running the 55k race..but I've never ran in Wales so doubt it!!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Well that's me in, once I've posted the cheque off. Routefinding is probably going to be interesting, as I don't really know the terrain, & probably won't recce it. On the other hand, a miracle could occur & there'll be no clag...

No idea whether there's going to be any organised help to get transport between the ends sorted out, so perhaps we need to have a forum lift pool.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    Well that's me in, once I've posted the cheque off. Routefinding is probably going to be interesting, as I don't really know the terrain, & probably won't recce it. On the other hand, a miracle could occur & there'll be no clag...

No idea whether there's going to be any organised help to get transport between the ends sorted out, so perhaps we need to have a forum lift pool.
    Yeah was wondering what the score is after the last climb. Does the 55km include run back to Pen y Pass ? walked the 3000s last year and don't think its 55km

I'm in anyway. Never raced longer than Wasdale but the training is going well this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.Race View Post
    Yeah was wondering what the score is after the last climb. Does the 55km include run back to Pen y Pass ? walked the 3000s last year and don't think its 55km

I'm in anyway. Never raced longer than Wasdale but the training is going well this year.
    There's not much on the website, but the start appear to be at Nantgwynant, near Beddgelert at the foot of the Watkin path up Snowdon. The finish seems to be near the Afon Conwy, at GR750737 or thereabouts, which is a long way from the start. With a 4:30am start, dumping a car at the finish is probably a job for the Friday night, & means teaming up with 2 cars per 4 runners. And that assumes you finish near enough at the same time. Or we can book a taxi/taxis for the Friday night to take us from finish to accommodation near the start. I haven't investigated options for where to stay yet.
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

I've suggested Kirsch get involved on this thread. That should save a lot of emailing.

I'll probably be marshalling this, probably on the Glyders.

Quote Originally Posted by Joester View Post
    I've suggested Kirsch get involved on this thread. That should save a lot of emailing.
    Good idea - thanks Joester. I've just had an email from Kirsch that says "There will be transport laid on at the end of the race".
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    The finish seems to be near the Afon Conwy, at GR750737 or thereabouts, which is a long way from the start.
    The website says the finish is at Llangelennin, which I can't find on the map - the only reference on Google I could find to that name is for a school in Henryd, Grid Ref SH770747. Is that it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joester View Post

I'll probably be marshalling this, probably on the Glyders.
    Good idea
    Hills - good for the soul...
    http://honestsstories.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by FarFromTheFells View Post
    The website says the finish is at Llangelennin, which I can't find on the map - the only reference on Google I could find to that name is for a school in Henryd, Grid Ref SH770747. Is that it ?
    I'm only guessing, but see this wikipedia entry. This seems to fit the bill: church at about the right altitude, at the foot of Craig Celynin (note name), and a road head at the end of a path off the hills.
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club