Thread: Heptonstall

Heptonstall

16 mile fell run today including Heptonstall fell race reccie in the clag. Surprisingly my navigation was good over the first featureless moor to Standing Stone, got there direct, surprised myself! Up and over Turn Hill also challenging and required use of map and compass. It was a good day at the office, but why does the 15 mile reccie take me 3.20 whereas my result in 2011 was 2.27 grrrrrrrrrr. Might do a reccie in the dark next to really hone my navigation, if anyone's interested in blackout run give me a shout.
    Failing that I'm going to try and do a reccie of this route every other week, but would be weekdays. If anyone's about just PM me.
    Clive, Hebden Bridge

Re: Heptonstall

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    16 mile fell run today including Heptonstall fell race reccie in the clag. Surprisingly my navigation was good over the first featureless moor to Standing Stone, got there direct, surprised myself! Up and over Turn Hill also challenging and required use of map and compass. It was a good day at the office, but why does the 15 mile reccie take me 3.20 whereas my result in 2011 was 2.27 grrrrrrrrrr. Might do a reccie in the dark next to really hone my navigation, if anyone's interested in blackout run give me a shout.
    Failing that I'm going to try and do a reccie of this route every other week, but would be weekdays. If anyone's about just PM me.
    Hi Clive,

Dont worry it always takes longer to Recce than when you race a route. I did the Full Tour of Pendle Recce in just under 4 hours but managed 3hours 3 minutes on race day. I was 2.28 in 2011 just couldnt stay with you after sheepstones if you remember. I am looking at getting under 2hrs 20 this time. :w00t:

Dan

Clive Heptonstall Fell Race website says its going to snow, so it must be true. http://www.heptonstallfellrace.org.uk/
    The first white morning we get I will be out at dawn (so I can be back for work)
    What do you reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Clive Heptonstall Fell Race website says its going to snow, so it must be true. http://www.heptonstallfellrace.org.uk/
    The first white morning we get I will be out at dawn (so I can be back for work)
    What do you reckon?
    Sounds good to me Steve, see you sometime this week then!
    Clive, Hebden Bridge

I was fortunate enough to come through Heptonstall this afternoon (the school run) - would've been a perfect afternoon for a snow covered trot round the route.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    I was fortunate enough to come through Heptonstall this afternoon (the school run) - would've been a perfect afternoon for a snow covered trot round the route.
    Joey, did reverse reccie this AM, was still perfect. Only saw 1 person and first footsteps in that snow for about 12 miles of my overall 16 ran (to/from Hept also). Managed some sunburn as well, blue sky, awesome.
    Clive, Hebden Bridge

Joey, did reverse reccie this AM, was still perfect. Only saw 1 person and first footsteps in that snow for about 12 miles of my overall 16 ran (to/from Hept also). Managed some sunburn as well, blue sky, awesome.
    Jammy git! Well done Clive - I was with you in spirit