Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: More Mile Cheviots MK2

Re: More Mile Cheviots MK2

So, what is the difference between the Cheviot Mk1 and Mk2s? As the only thing that has put me off the Mk1s is people commenting on them being a bit rigid. If the newer ones have sorted this, then I reckon I will give these a go.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    A wider range of sizes than the Mk1 as well as looking a lot less clumpy. Anyone any experience of the fit?

Sadly mine are resigned to trail running and not fell running.

Whilst the grip is great I can't get on with the fit at all. I find the heel bed far too wide for my ankles.

Descending my heel is sliding back and forth all over the place and feels unsupported. I finished a run and changed shoes and put the mudclaws on, compared them to the inov8 and the heel on those is narrower and lower.

Yep, I've tied the laces tight and all that malarky but don't think IMO they're ideal for a narrower foot... as I say grip is good and I'll carry on using them but won't be racing in them.

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post

Whilst the grip is great I can't get on with the fit at all. I find the heel bed far too wide for my ankles.

Descending my heel is sliding back and forth all over the place and feels unsupported. I finished a run and changed shoes and put the mudclaws on, compared them to the inov8 and the heel on those is narrower and lower.

Yep, I've tied the laces tight and all that malarky but don't think IMO they're ideal for a narrower foot... as I say grip is good and I'll carry on using them but won't be racing in them.
    Is that the Mk1 or Mk2 emmilou?

$15 FOB stands you at about £15 by the time they get in to your warehouse, so it's not a bad price at all but the RRP is stretching it a bit. Who makes the recommendation that these should be £79.99

You cannot compare with Inov-8

The ex factory on them could be $25 - £30

A wider range of sizes than the Mk1 as well as looking a lot less clumpy. Anyone any experience of the fit?
    I am using my first pair of more mile shoes and having done many runs and races I find them very comfortable and the studs are excellent. Yiannis

I noticed Sports Direct / Karrimor do some weird and wonderful budget shoes like these - they could be complete rubbish, or unexpectedly good. A bit of Salomon influence in the design perhaps? I haven't felt the need to risk it yet, as my normal choice of shoes aren't much more expensive.
    The only workout you'll ever regret is the one you didn't do.

Is that the Mk1 or Mk2 emmilou?

Mk1 but looking at the web site this morning they do womens ones now and mine were a pair of mens possibly explaining the wider fit.
    I've yet to try the womens model so watch this space - they do pink too, would have preferred orange but hey ho!

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    $15 FOB stands you at about £15 by the time they get in to your warehouse, so it's not a bad price at all but the RRP is stretching it a bit. Who makes the recommendation that these should be £79.99

You cannot compare with Inov-8

The ex factory on them could be $25 - £30
    More Mile / Startfitness makes up the RRP at £79-99. They're the same company. It's a marketing trick that annoys me. No one has ever paid £79-99 for them. I doubt they've ever been available at that price anywhere at anytime.

You can compare to Inov-8, $25-$30 for a pair of shoes retailing at over a 100 quid, is far worse than $10-$15 retailing for 40 quid. The only difference is Inov-8 have a distribution channel, Startfitness / Moremile are direct selling.

So the Inov8's are more nicely finished, but what else do we get for the money? Are we paying an extra £50(and the rest) to add to all the overheads in the supply chain?

Fellhound

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post

.....don't think IMO they're ideal for a narrower foot...
    Just shows individual preferences and foot shape vary a lot. I have very narrow feet (never had any problem even with the original Walsh Racer) but I find the fit of the Cheviot's fine.

If these gain popularity and make Inov8 wind their neck in to some extent on pricing then it can only be a good thing.

PS - my mark ones are still going strong after 41 runs (almost 60 hours) of mostly fellrunning.
    Last edited by Fellhound; 03-02-2013 at 03:32 PM.