Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Liars and Cheats, named

Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    Hey Graham have you seen 'Murder On The Orient Express' yet? Marks out of ten when you do?
    No. Life is short and there are worthwhile films to be seen.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

I wouldn't want to watch a film where I know the ending. Mind you, I said that about Titanic, but no-one else seemed to listen.

Anti-capitalist: me?

Capitalism brings out the best in people... and the worst.

Hey, CL, last time i looked, no one was "chosen" to be a doctor. More like competitive application based on ability to pass exams. And i dont recall anyone having to flash their labour party membership card to gain admittance?

liars and cheats live there too unfortunately. Patterson case will turn the screws again.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Hey, CL, last time i looked, no one was "chosen" to be a doctor. More like competitive application based on ability to pass exams. And i dont recall anyone having to flash their labour party membership card to gain admittance?

liars and cheats live there too unfortunately. Patterson case will turn the screws again.
    So any young person with good grades who wants to train to be a Doctor can just expect to be admitted to a university based on those grades? So why have interviews?

No, the universities are dominated by leftist thinking and medicine is no exception. Don't display support for those ideas in the interview process and you won't go any further.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Absolutely. There's a lot to be said for benevolent dictatorship by the captains of industry who generate the wealth etc etc.
    Come on Graham you shouldn't let oxymoron's rule your thinking.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    So any young person with good grades who wants to train to be a Doctor can just expect to be admitted to a university based on those grades? So why have interviews?

No, the universities are dominated by leftist thinking and medicine is no exception. Don't display support for those ideas in the interview process and you won't go any further.
    This is complete rubbish, CL. Have you ever been in a university admissions interview? I was an Admissions Tutor for 9 years and, although in my Department we didn't interview applicants, I do know that my colleagues who did conduct interviews would have been hauled before some committee or other if they ever deviated from a line of questioning strictly relevant to the subject.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    I do know that my colleagues who did conduct interviews would have been hauled before some committee or other if they ever deviated from a line of questioning strictly relevant to the subject.
    So its a myth that at certain academic institutions the first question is 'which position do you play at rugby?'

Master
    I was not interviewed for Medicine - place granted on exam results. A small number with equal marks were interviewed for the last few places - I do not know what they were asked nor what the success/failure criteria were as I was not there. In all my job interviews I was never asked about my politics.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by gej View Post
    So its a myth that at certain academic institutions the first question is 'which position do you play at rugby?'
    A myth that might occasionally have had some basis in fact, from an era long before I became involved.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Super Moderator
    Happened to me. I maybe should have said prop instead of hooker
    Poacher turned game-keeper