Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Liars and Cheats, named

Re: Liar's and Cheats, named

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    But what if you truly cannot recall, and decide not to allocate them?
    Just guess then, in this this case however the CPS had proof that he did know who was driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I'm thoroughly disenchanted with the whole lot of them.
    Shouldn't disenchantment come after a period of enchantment. I may have misinterpreted your politics, but I don't think you've ever liked the Lib Dems.

You're right about being under the radar tho'. Once scrutinised, they're just as dodgy, immoral and hypocritical as the rest of the population.

Who'd be a politician eh?

Master

Webcars.co.uk has the following:

"A speeding conviction has sometimes been avoided where the owner of the vehicle does not know who was driving. In such a case the owner must make every effort to discover who the driver was."

"There is a section on the NIP for you to complete to say who was the driver. If you do not complete this section, you will be liable to a fine and six penalty points on your licence."

Presumably the first of these only applies when a large number of people have access to the car in question.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Shouldn't disenchantment come after a period of enchantment. I may have misinterpreted your politics, but I don't think you've ever liked the Lib Dems.

You're right about being under the radar tho'. Once scrutinised, they're just as dodgy, immoral and hypocritical as the rest of the population.

Who'd be a politician eh?
    It's not that I am disenchanted with the Lib Dems only, it is with politicians generally particularly those in the mainstream parties.

The wrong people are getting in to politics. They are career politicians. Let's face it, if you can get a Labour or Tory safe seat then you are basically well off for the rest of your life with a package worth something over £100K plus per annum and one of the best pensions going.

Look at Huhne. When he resigned as a minister until the hearing, he received a £17K severance payment. That's a 25% more than a years salary on the minimum wage and apparently it is up to him whether he has to return it now.
    He should be taken to court for it as if he had resigned guilty as charged he would have received nothing, so he defrauded the state of the £17K.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    I once told my missus I'd put her down .....
    That is rather extreme
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Apparently a second woman was interviewed about whether he had asked her to take the points? There will be a few more twists in this story before its all out in the open. Probably turn out a certain leader was driving and the whole things a smokescreen to get him off the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Apparently a second woman was interviewed about whether he had asked her to take the points? There will be a few more twists in this story before its all out in the open. Probably turn out a certain leader was driving and the whole things a smokescreen to get him off the hook.
    This reminds me of an old joke. Thankfully, if it exists, it's on the internet, so I've pasted it here for you:

The Pope goes to New York. He is picked up at the airport by a limousine. He looks at the beautiful car and says to the driver, "You know, I hardly ever get to drive. Would you please let me?"

The driver is understandably hesistant and says, "I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm supposed to do that."

But the Pope persists, "Please?" The driver finally lets up. "Oh, all right, I can't really say no to the Pope."

So the Pope takes the wheel, and boy, is he a speed demon! He hits the gas and goes around 100 mph in a 45 zone. A policeman notices and pulls him over.

The cop walks up and asks the Pope to roll down the window. Startled and surprised, the young officer asks the Pope to wait a minute. He goes back to his patrol car and radios the chief.

Cop: Chief, I have a problem.

Chief: What sort of problem?

Cop: Well, you see, I pulled over this guy for driving way over the speed limit but it's someone really important.

Chief: Important like the mayor?

Cop: No, no, much more important than that.

Chief: Important like the governor?

Cop: Wayyyyyy more important than that.

Chief: Like the president?

Cop: More.

Chief: Who's more important than the president?

Cop: I don't know, but he's got the Pope driving for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    It's not that I am disenchanted with the Lib Dems only, it is with politicians generally particularly those in the mainstream parties.

The wrong people are getting in to politics. They are career politicians. Let's face it, if you can get a Labour or Tory safe seat then you are basically well off for the rest of your life with a package worth something over £100K plus per annum and one of the best pensions going.

Look at Huhne. When he resigned as a minister until the hearing, he received a £17K severance payment. That's a 25% more than a years salary on the minimum wage and apparently it is up to him whether he has to return it now.
    He should be taken to court for it as if he had resigned guilty as charged he would have received nothing, so he defrauded the state of the £17K.
    I'm not sure its any different than in the past...

I do feel sorry for the Lib Dems.. they were a 'nice party', almost the peoples conscience.. they could be idealistic.. say what should happen.. not what needed to happen and not make any of those unpopular decisions needed in Government..

They've now got in and had that view shattered and had to make the tough calls governments make and their idealistic politics just could not stand up.

Blairs book deals with this superbly. He writes it just as actually got in power, and said this exact thing would happen..

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    This reminds me of an old joke. Thankfully, if it exists, it's on the internet, so I've pasted it here for you:

The Pope goes to New York. He is picked up at the airport by a limousine. He looks at the beautiful car and says to the driver, "You know, I hardly ever get to drive. Would you please let me?"

The driver is understandably hesistant and says, "I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm supposed to do that."

But the Pope persists, "Please?" The driver finally lets up. "Oh, all right, I can't really say no to the Pope."

So the Pope takes the wheel, and boy, is he a speed demon! He hits the gas and goes around 100 mph in a 45 zone. A policeman notices and pulls him over.

The cop walks up and asks the Pope to roll down the window. Startled and surprised, the young officer asks the Pope to wait a minute. He goes back to his patrol car and radios the chief.

Cop: Chief, I have a problem.

Chief: What sort of problem?

Cop: Well, you see, I pulled over this guy for driving way over the speed limit but it's someone really important.

Chief: Important like the mayor?

Cop: No, no, much more important than that.

Chief: Important like the governor?

Cop: Wayyyyyy more important than that.

Chief: Like the president?

Cop: More.

Chief: Who's more important than the president?

Cop: I don't know, but he's got the Pope driving for him!
    Noel - laugh out loud funny! Made my day - thanks!
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Webcars.co.uk has the following:

"A speeding conviction has sometimes been avoided where the owner of the vehicle does not know who was driving. In such a case the owner must make every effort to discover who the driver was."

"There is a section on the NIP for you to complete to say who was the driver. If you do not complete this section, you will be liable to a fine and six penalty points on your licence."

Presumably the first of these only applies when a large number of people have access to the car in question.
    The nominated driver then can put who they say was driving it who can, in turn, do the same.

After 3 times of chasing it up, they drop it.