Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Atrial Fibrillation

After my MI and bypass I found this place very usefull
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/cardiacathletes/
    I might be Tup , But not too Tup to know that I am Tup:w00t:

Another resurrection.....
    After two years of behaving, went in to AF on Wednesday afternoon, hoped it would just be a blip, tried all the methods to try and self 're-boot' without success and spent a miserable night trying to sleep with a pretty constant 112bpm (with the usual jumps to 200+ from my old monitor). Phoned the GP in the morning who was brilliant, booked me into Ambulatory Care - they assessed things and agreed cardioversion could be done, however no beds in CCU, would I mind being done in the heart attack bay? After dealing with two heart attack victims, are you ready? Lets walk down to the bay and get it done. 6pm done and by 7.30pm was discharged and on my way home. Fantastic service from all concerned and no bed taken up! Now just a bit tired and some referral work to done in due course.......
    A circular route mostly downhill

sorry to hear it Chris...any chest soreness, Mine felt like a minor burn and was tender for a couple of days.

One of those things Ian! Chest not too bad, though the shaving pattern looks odd, just a bit tender - its that general fatigue after a prolonged (25 hours) of high heart rate that I don't like.

Banned
    Are you classed as mended now Chris?
    I had bradycardia and was fitted with a pacemaker.
    Job done heart wise.
    Only head and fat belly to fix now.

Your right about the running community, some dam nice folks out there.

Get well soon ��

I was until Wednesday! Just two weeks short of two years clear. I now have some medication to help keep me in normal sinus and a review of options will be in the pipeline. Glad your heart is under control, your head is square on your shoulders and your belly........well I can't see it from here so can't be too bad! You will get through this current pressure and you have some very good friends more than willing to help - and some of us in the current 'non -runner community'!

..........and now only two weeks after being 'zapped', I've gone back into AF. Fingers crossed for this afternoon and the wonderful NHS hopefully getting me back into normal sinus!

Banned
    How did the Zap go Chris?

Thank you for asking, it didn't. Despite my own protest and the timeline of multiple 'chemical tries' that failed provided by my GP, the locum cardiologist insisted that another supplementary pill would put me back in normal sinus with in 48 hours. It hasn't and this will be six days with a resting pulse of about 110. I can walk round the block and do short days of light work (lots of sitting and resting) and then just fume at feeling completely jiggered all the time. However the mechanical bits seem to be fine and I hope that I can see another cardiologist in the next day or so, and then get referred back to The Freeman in Newcastle to look at options.

Banned
    Arrrr sorry to hear that.
    Hopefully your next visit is more productive.

I asked for a referral and was sent to Leeds General.
    Brilliant service. Pacemaker works fine.