Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Peakers Stroll

The Peakers Stroll

Any Forumite know about this High Peak 25m walk/run? There is plenty on the website http://members.multimania.co.uk/peakersstroll/ but nothing on the FRA forum (as far as I can find). Sounds like a fun day out on some familiar hills - anyone fancy joining me?
    It’s at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys

Re: The Peakers Stroll

i did it last year fantastic food at end, may join you

Busy doing Osmotherley Phoenix that weekend but you'll find details of the Peakers on the LDWA website.

Master

I am intending to do this on Sunday. hoping to enter on the day if thats OK?

I am registered for this and doing the 26 mile option, only downside for me is the start time but hopefully it will not be as warm at the weekend, would have prefered a 9.00 am start

novice

Is this EOD? what time does the long run start and is there food and drink on the way round

Super Moderator

Poacher turned game-keeper

Master

Did this today. really good event and a great route. Downside (for me anyway) is I got lost on a couple of occassions including in the first couple of miles whena group of us stuck to the main Eldon Lane when we were suposed to bear right across a field to another parallel track. Still not sure if I could find that. Also I summited Whin Hill as in the route description but notced that many behind me at the time cut straight across the shoulder of Whin Hill and saved some time. then lastly got lost finding correct path at Edale YHA and ended up too high and having to bee line down through fields to join runneers on the correct route. any one know the proper rote to and past the YHA. other wise brill day and just enough time before the heavans opened. well done to the organisers and those who waited on us with Tea and soup at the end.

I did the 17 miles route. It was a great run.
    Can't recommend it enough to any one thinking about doing it next year.
    Hope to come back in 2011 to do the full 25 miles.

A good route, had 4620 ft of climb and I logged a distance of 23 miles, must admit did cut off Winn hill, At Edale went straight past the YHA and path was just past the cannoes and just followed it round. Recently ran the Castleton and Hope Fell runs which give a good recci of the route. Raised the issue of the late start, could have been earlier especially if we had, had the weather from the week before. Thought the Baslow Bootbash was better organised, even something simple as an emergency contact number was missing.