Thread: new race

new race

http://www.durhamcoasthalfmarathon.co.uk/

bound to be a beauty run for anyone who fancies something a little bit different, plenty short steep up and downs on the way along the cliff tops, all on virtually single track trail, and it ends just up the beach from my house :thumbup:

Re: new race

amazing run today, first class event organized by National Trust. Only downside was running alongside some guy who kept swearing and shouting each time he encountered some steps down and up the numerous gullies on our way down the coast, he was proper raging all the time because he was losing loads of ground mincing down each set of steps, got so bad I had to have a word at one point, doing his best to spoil the race for anyone in ear shot of him, never heard anything like it from someone in a race, I couldnt get away from him though as he was so fast on the flat sections he kept coming back to me

Master

So,... let's get this straight... what you are saying is.. you were mincing on the flat sections...?
    Powered by Ugali.

More to the point mate, did you beat him ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverand View Post
    amazing run today, first class event organized by National Trust. Only downside was running alongside some guy who kept swearing and shouting each time he encountered some steps down and up the numerous gullies on our way down the coast, he was proper raging all the time because he was losing loads of ground mincing down each set of steps, got so bad I had to have a word at one point, doing his best to spoil the race for anyone in ear shot of him, never heard anything like it from someone in a race, I couldnt get away from him though as he was so fast on the flat sections he kept coming back to me

Quote Originally Posted by OB1 View Post
    So,... let's get this straight... what you are saying is.. you were mincing on the flat sections...?
    no he was just quicker than me on the running bits, he'd probably have won the event if he could've mastered running downhill/steps

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    More to the point mate, did you beat him ?
    i didn't Jez he was proper quick, think he turned up expecting a road race, he actually apologized at the end to a couple of us!