Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fron Four 30th Mar 2013

Re: Fron Four

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Absolutely rocksteady. Phil and Lisa were not far behind me all the way until the last visit to the summit. 4 of us all then charged down the last descent together . Phil took exactly the line I plotted into the quarries but then I was glad to follow him as we climbed up past the walls. I faded then but Lisa obviously gained strength and took Phil somewhere near the finish. It,s a personal thing. We all gain by following others in one way or another. Speaking for myself, if I know I have benefitted from following another I would not sprint past them in the run-in unless someone else was likely to run past us both....then I would defend my position.
    Yeah sort of agree. but Phil and Lisa aren't in competition anyway in their respective categories.. and I doubt either were taking it overly serious..

Outside of the top 3, or prizes, I don't care really... I have been asked (in your neck of the woods) to wait with a fellow runner and navigated for them through the clag.. even stood waiting while they went for a piss.. and they then tried to outsprint me at the end.. which would have given them 3rd.. that was a tad cheeky.. he was English..

In Jura Chris Near and I ran together and he did more of the navigating, we both did some, but tbf he did more, especially early on, and we hit the road together but his legs died and I went off, another runner, who openly just followed us all the way, came with me and he was quite clear he wouldn't try to beat me at the end... Had Chris stuck with us I'd have let him cross first..

In things like the Brits though I think following is just a gamble you take.. it pays off.. sometimes it doesn't.. but there's enough advantage to local runners without giving back any places... in that case all fair in love and war and all that..

Fron Four 30th Mar 2013

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what its like and where route goes please?

Was thinking of giving it a go.

Re: Fron Four 30th Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Just wondering if anyone could tell me what its like and where route goes please?

Was thinking of giving it a go.
    http://team.inov-8.eu/2011/04/fron-f...lyr-james.html

Its basically a tour of mynydd mawr... the basic route is outlined there..

Looks interesting - thanks.

I'm on holiday in the area that week so may give it a go - that or Moel Tryfan in the midweek series on 2nd April. Is there a link anywhere to the Moel Tryfan route?

Its a tuesday eveninger so as long as the signs are bilingual its fully flagged.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-13065787
    can't remember where a map will be..

Its basically a clockwise loop of moel tryfan from fron school, barely 5k.. past the quarry to the summit, out to a large stone then back along tracks.. very runnable fast course. 20 minutes winning time or something.

Nice little race.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Its a tuesday eveninger so as long as the signs are bilingual its fully flagged.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-13065787
    can't remember where a map will be..

Its basically a clockwise loop of moel tryfan from fron school, barely 5k.. past the quarry to the summit, out to a large stone then back along tracks.. very runnable fast course. 20 minutes winning time or something.

Nice little race.
    Thanks Iain. Would the Moel tryfan route be OK in trail shoes? I ask as I've got a knee problem at the moment so anything with road/hard trail I'm doing in trail shoes because the extra cushioning helps

Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    Thanks Iain. Would the Moel tryfan route be OK in trail shoes? I ask as I've got a knee problem at the moment so anything with road/hard trail I'm doing in trail shoes because the extra cushioning helps
    yeah its fairly much a trail race..

Banned
    Well what a great race this is.
    8m 2500ft and views over Snowden and surrounding area.
    Wall to wall sunshine but would be a toughie in clag.

Many thanks to the organiser and all his team of marshal's for giving a small number of runners a fantastic afternoon on the welsh fells.