Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Daz H race - entries open

some photo's here, taken from phone so not great but hope you like

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125810764@N06/

hope link is alright,1st time sharing on flickr!
    Last edited by TheReverand; 30-06-2014 at 10:18 PM.

Some good snaps there, rev. Nice to see a runners perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panter View Post
    I was another Daz H/Buttermere first timer and want to add my thanks to Paul & Jenny, Andy, the PFR/CFR marshals and the Holloway Clan. Special thanks & eternal gratitude to the wonderful Mellbreak marshals from CFR for manning the 'last chance saloon' and for giving me cheery encouragement all the way to the finish line. Your moral support was like a helping hand pushing me up the final climb past the pub

This unrelenting beast of a race is such a fitting tribute to Daz's memory and his love of Lakes races. His "No Such Thing As Can't" ethos was ringing in my ears all the way around :'-)

Well done to everyone who got round. You can walk a little taller today - if u can walk at all!!
    Brilliant post Panty! You didn't look so bad on Sunday morning. (Mind you, I didn't see you walking).

I'd like to say thanks to all the runners, because after lugging all that water to the top of Grasmoor I'd have been most peeved if you'd not drunk it!! What did surprise me was that the Mars Bars and Marathons (ok, Snickers) were much more popular than the jelly babies.

Well done to everyone who attempted this tough, tough race.

Entries are starting to come in for this years race. Note the change of date - apparently someone booked the hall for a wedding. Unbelievably, we clash with a championship race again. We are aware of the proximity of several other long races. But if you want to run away from the crowds, then this is the race to do.

Most people still entering the long - only a couple of entries for the "short" so far. The short turns at Whiteside, and drops to Buttermere before ascending Melbreak. Should allow those "intimidated" by the full course to be part of a something a bit special. If nothing else, you will be in the beer garden of the Kirkstile as the runners return from the full course - great spectator point.

There is also the option of running the full course as a relay - limit of five teams and sort your transport out. Change over at Newlands and Honister. Still going to be three good runs.

Will the records go?

Andrew

I appear to have put the kiss of death on the entries to the races since posting the previous message............

Change of Date ? I hope it's changed TO the 13th June and not FROM 13th June !?!

yes

Last two years it was on the last weekend of June - which was not clashing/near any other of the big Lakeland races.

However someone has the hall booked, so this year it is on the 13th June. the week after the Ennerdale. ( and has a clash with the championship race in Scotland )

However there is an opportunity for a non crowded quiet run around Buttermere, or indeed half way round buttermere in the new "shorter" race that will be run at the same time.

You can also enter as a relay team

Andrew

Having received a few queries this week we have now decided to allow for entries on the day - however please email Andrew Bradley, with your name, category & which race (see fellrace.org.uk/races/daz for details) by Friday so that he can sort out the SportIdent & registration beforehand.

Paul

Anyone know where I can find a good quality race map? I don't think Harvey's do one...Unless I'm mistaken?

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed competing in yesterday's classic lakes long. What a route! Very well marshalled but a lowish turnout as expected with Ennerdale last wk and Durisdeer the same day. Lovely to see Darren's family on hand at the start ("I'm Darren's dad and I'd just like to say ... Off u go then") and the finish. Such warmth!