Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roclite 295 or Trailroc 255

I swear by the OLD Roclite 295's for anything on the fells, but the new ones re a very different shoe. Much less cushioning and much lighter (my size 8.5 weigh 230g each). I only wear them for short grassy/forest runs as thy do not have the protection of the old version. Great sticky sole, of course.

Wore a pair of 245 Trailroc for the first time last night on a forest run...great, comfy straight out of box. Bought to replace my roclite 285. Good feel and on offer at sportsshoes! Will wear them for a trail marathon in 3 weeks.

I have a pair of 245 Trailroc, according to Stava I done about 400 Km in them now, they have been very good. Only complain is how quickly the mesh behind the toes has begun to tear. Each shoe now has a 4 cm tear from behind the big toes across the top of the foot.

The mesh always tears easily on Inov8's. My only problem with their shoes really. Mine tends to go after about 200 miles. I put it down to the gnarly heather.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    The mesh always tears easily on Inov8's. My only problem with their shoes really. Mine tends to go after about 200 miles. I put it down to the gnarly heather.
    I'd put it down to poor quality construction and materials...non of my other branded shoes go after 100 miles..

re trailroc 245, recently bought on offer (£45) via sportspursuit and I like them for comfort, lightweight and decent grip (trail, not fell) BUT problem with the insoles mving backwards in the shoe to slide up behind the heel and leave an annoying ridge under the toes. inov tell me a problem with a small batch of the insoles and will send me replacement insoles. however, only do replacement insoles in full sizes whereas I need 10.5, so will have to cut an 11 to size. if that doesn't work out i'll be asking for a refund. shame, as I like them otherwise.

on durability of inov8, I find it varies from model to model. the red mudclaw 265 fell apart early and wiggle gave me a refund. I gather the blue 265 is supposed to have rectified this flaw.

one fell shoe that has been durable and is still going strong after 420 miles is the New Balance MT00v2. You can get them for around £45 at the moment (think it was sportsshoes.com) and I would highly recommend. although they are supposedly zero drop, they don't feel extreme and they don't lack support or cushioning.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    I have a pair of 245 Trailroc, according to Stava I done about 400 Km in them now, they have been very good. Only complain is how quickly the mesh behind the toes has begun to tear. Each shoe now has a 4 cm tear from behind the big toes across the top of the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I'd put it down to poor quality construction and materials...non of my other branded shoes go after 100 miles..
    I agree to a point Ian. But I'm not sure too many shoes would cope with that terrain without ripping. If it cuts your ankles & shins surely it's eventually going to go through material? Doc Marten need to produce a running shoe.