Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bollington 3 Peaks Fell Race

http://www.macclesfield-harriers.co....n-3-peaks-2015

Results can be found here.

Thanks for the photos Col

My first fell race since returning from a year out with injury. Really enjoyed it. Back in the hills today, but Saturday was still very much in my legs, so nowhere near as much fun.

Talk about value for money!

£6.00 gets you....chilli and rice, a pint of ale, mars bar, flapjack, loaf of bread, teabag and a Bollington Brewery Bag....and if that's not enough, a cracking little fell race.

It's certainly been a busy day on the fells today with Fairfield and Moel Eilio being the standout races as far as pure fell races go. Yes both are fantastic races but l love trying out races I've not previously ran and today Bollington 3 peaks needed to be 'ticked off'. There's no hiding in races like this, it's pretty much all runnable and the cardiovascular workout is full on. I ran the first 2 climbs but admitted defeat on the 3rd and final climb and adopted the hands on knees approach. I think the organiser said it was a record turnout of 257, with young Jack Ross taking the honours comfortably. Great to see Jack running again after a little layoff, he's far too talented to be away from the scene, welcome back. Great running also from first lady, Steph Curtis.

Thanks to all involved for a lovely little race. The post race food and drink was excellent, all enjoyed in stunning weather and a cracking friendly atmosphere....big tick for lesser known 3 peaks.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Second year for me and I have no more to add than Darren has already said, except the 3 Peaks ale from the Bollington brewery was a top pint.
    Thanks to all the organisers and marshalls, hope to be back next year.

First time for me and totally echo what Daz has said above, best value race ever. Thank you to the organisers and all the marshalls had a cracking day.

Glad you all enjoyed it, and we raised £750 for the Buxton Mountain Rescue Team as well. I hope to iron out a few more minor issues and make it even better next year.

Now that organising that is out of the way I can focus on how to get round Jura next week.
    Last edited by Skelly; 20-05-2016 at 05:07 PM.