Thread: Kinder Scout

Kinder Scout

I'm looking to get some regular hill running/walking in over the next few months and as I live about 30 minutes away I thought Kinder would be ideal. Main reason is as conditioning for Bullock Smithy so I had an idea to start at Hayfield and then with map and bumbag just run/walk for a few hours. Can anyone here recommend a decent route say up to 20 miles that doesn't involve much repetition? I'll most likely do Hayfield to Edale and back again a few times but conscious this wouldn't be too long. I've seen a map of the Kinder Trial race and that looks promising although would prefer not to do the Lantern Pike section, crossing roads etc.Another possible route is Hayfield to Edale then bear North and go anti clockwise to Edale Cross or continue to follow one of the paths towards the Reservoir. Thanks in advance.

Re: Kinder Scout

Come along to Pennine Fell Runners we run every Thursday at 7pm from the Royal Hotel car park in Hayfield. We're a friendly bunch so don't worry about being left or anything like that!

More info here http://penninefellrunners.co.uk/wordpress/ and here http://www.penninefellrunners.co.uk/

Kinder Trog route is a a good 15 miler and you can always adapt the Kinder Dozen too...

Re: Kinder Scout

Echo what Dan says about Pennine. Once a month on average we do a three hour run on thursday night (7pm to 10pm ish), we actually done the entire Trog route a couple of weeks ago. Not sure about the Kinder Dozen as it would be much rougher underfoot to what you will experience on the Smithy. Then again if you can do the dozen, you would find the Smithy easy. LDWA events such as the Peakers Stroll (http://www.ldwa.org.uk/challenge_eve...?event_id=7874) would be ideal

Go onto Strava.com and go into Explore then Activity Search put in derbyshire for location and Kinder for search term. You will get loads of route ideas from there.
    Last edited by DrPatrickBarry; 20-05-2013 at 02:39 PM.