Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cwm Pennant Horseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by RhosgadMath View Post
    It is much better, but the problem is:

1. There is no crossing point

2. The farmer is rebuilding wall so clearly doesn't want people crossing

Hence you all have to spend some time searching for a good line down Cwm Ciprwth.

And to repeat, any runner crossing to LHS will be DSQ'd.
    I am not disputing what you say Math, I was just answering Lissajous question.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone is planning on heading up from Cardiff / S Wales for lift share? Looks a good race, hope I can make it!

Damn good race today. Thanks to Math, marshals and tea and cake ladies. The overcast weather in the middle of the race was welcome after the hot start. The return of the hot sun for the descent down Cwm Ciprwth and the run along the valley was less welcome. Some brilliant fell running terrain and a great ridge run in the second half of the race. The descent through the long heather of Cwm Ciprwth passed quicker than expected and the return from there was very well marked, must have taken some time to put all those markers out. Definitely one of the most enjoyable days of racing I have ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by dangilbert View Post
    Damn good race today. Thanks to Math, marshals and tea and cake ladies. The overcast weather in the middle of the race was welcome after the hot start. The return of the hot sun for the descent down Cwm Ciprwth and the run along the valley was less welcome. Some brilliant fell running terrain and a great ridge run in the second half of the race. The descent through the long heather of Cwm Ciprwth passed quicker than expected and the return from there was very well marked, must have taken some time to put all those markers out. Definitely one of the most enjoyable days of racing I have ever had.
    Cheers Dan - glad you enjoyed...it's a team effort!

Results are up:

http://www.eryriharriers.org.uk/ras-...nnant-results/

I picked up a compass which was likely dropped by a racer, somewhere between CP2 and CP4. Apologies, I meant to hand it to the RO, but alas it returned in my bumbag to Glossop. If you lost you're compass and wish it to be returned drop me a message. I sincerely hope you didn't need it on the race, I know many people got their compass out.

Over the past few weeks I have spoken to a few runners about this race and the feedback was very good. This was also confirmed by fell legend Yiannis (what a lovely guy) who informed me of the tricky sections on the course whilst we waited to start, I couldn't wait to get going. Now that I have done the race myself I can also heap praise towards Math and his helpers on a truly great race, many thanks. We had....sea views, hands on rock scrambling, boulder hopping, ridge running, a gnarly path less final descent and a leg sapping finish. Elements of races like Borrowdale and Jura spring to mind. The hostel headquarters is also excellent with beltin cakes and brews, the showers were also much appreciated. A top race, organisation and friendly fellrunning atmosphere.
    Well done Simon on his win, he also won last year and Duddon recently, such a strong runner.
    I was happy with 12th(80 ran) especially with it being my 5th race since last weeks ennerdale. I didn't race on Friday though, I tapered for this beauty.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Brilliant Daz. I feel ashamed that I felt too tired after welsh 1000s past week so missed it fearing I would die half way round racing it. Gutted to miss it and now feel like a right wimp. Sounds like a cracking day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Athers View Post
    Brilliant Daz. I feel ashamed that I felt too tired after welsh 1000s past week so missed it fearing I would die half way round racing it. Gutted to miss it and now feel like a right wimp. Sounds like a cracking day out.
    You would of hammered it Chris, especially the descents. Ran most of the course with your friends Mel and Virgil, great company . Take care mate, see you soon no doubt.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Hopefully this album is shared so you can see it....I was out running while you all raced so got a few photos on my phone as you all ran past me. Sorry if I didn't get a pic of you, I was trying to run too. I think the whole field had overtaken me at the point I turned to head back towards the finish, just before CP5. Lovely run out for me, felt a bit like being chased up the first hill....I had a 30min headstart and got caught before Hebog summit by the first 4 runners.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=106f0f59c7