Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feeling inadequate

Re: Feeling inadequate

yes well serving cake is still an option i'm sure you could give all the other parents tea and cake prior to the start..
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by maddaddy View Post
    I am reconciled to the fact that whenever I do a fell race I will be, at best, in top half of the finishers and nearer the back when it is a lake district long.

But I thought I would have a fair crack of a top 3 place at my son’s school sports day parents race. The races were split into mums and then dads and due to the numbers there were two heats.

First dads heat and I stood on the line and checked out the opposition with most looking relatively out of shape. I was fairly sure I was the only one on the line who enters fell races

Imagine how inadequate I felt when I came 4th just in my heat not even making the final

My mid life crisis starts today !!!!!
    I wouldn't be to disheartened by it all really! It may be a case not of inadequacy but purely down to the above average fitness levels of parents in your town....to remedy this I would suggest moving to somewhere less dignified and healthy- say Oldham
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

Don't forget to turn up with map and compass, explain you are not familiar with the course, and reading the map is going to slow you down somewhat.
    John Marsh