Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trail shoe advice please!

Re: Trail shoe advice please!

I don't want to muddy the water here but I like Asics Gell Fuji trail shoes. They cost a bit more than the kanadia's but I prefer Fuji's (I have owned both).

Female specific shoes are a little narrower, with less depth and a more slender heel cup. I like Sportiva cross lite (cheap-ish at Blands) and Asics wave ascend and harrier but my shoe of choice for everyday is Salomon Speedcross but they are nearly always dear unless you get lucky. Inov-8 ruin my feet.

Nike Alvord are the business, 35pound sports direct, great performing shoe on all surfaces and looks the dogs

Hiya i hve bought a pair of karrimore trail shoes out of sports direct for only 30 quid reduced from 80, i normally wear Walsh as they are simply the best shoe for trail running however i can't quite afford them at the moment, i have found the karrimores comfty and can trust the grip on them, i have had 4 good fell runs in them so far with no issues
    why not check them out on the sports direct website or if you have the money buy a pair of walsh fell running shoes

best of luck with your fell running

country-lass

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyfeet View Post
    Female specific shoes are a little narrower, with less depth and a more slender heel cup. I like Sportiva cross lite (cheap-ish at Blands) and Asics wave ascend and harrier but my shoe of choice for everyday is Salomon Speedcross but they are nearly always dear unless you get lucky. Inov-8 ruin my feet.
    That makes sense! Cheers x

I have Inov8 Mudclaws for fells - hurt like hell!
    Whether you think you can or you think you can't - you'll be right!

Quote Originally Posted by country-lass View Post
    Hiya i hve bought a pair of karrimore trail shoes out of sports direct for only 30 quid reduced from 80, i normally wear Walsh as they are simply the best shoe for trail running however i can't quite afford them at the moment, i have found the karrimores comfty and can trust the grip on them, i have had 4 good fell runs in them so far with no issues
    why not check them out on the sports direct website or if you have the money buy a pair of walsh fell running shoes

best of luck with your fell running

country-lass
    Do buy all my running cloths from Sportsdirect - such good value. Did wonder about Karrimor. Thanks for advice!

Another vote for the Kanadia 4s. The More Miles ones are grippy and comfy too but I prefer the Kanadias on trails (as opposed to open fells/moors), especially for longer stuff. There also may be an issue with the durability of MMs. Mine are still perfectly fine but other people have had problems (and I've only done 70 miles in them so far).

That's an interesting point - durability. How often should I be changing my running shoes. I have been road running for a year and still use the same pair! I don't do mega mileage - maybe 10 miles a week on road, but how many miles (on average) do a pair of shoes have in them? Probably a "how long is a piece of string" question but interesting anyway x

Quote Originally Posted by Pefrio View Post
    That's an interesting point - durability. How often should I be changing my running shoes.
    When your toes are showing. Best keep the ones where your toes are almost showing for training runs though, & buy new ones once you suspect the old ones may not last a race out.

Always buy your shoes when a new model comes out. But buy the old model - you should be able to get them cheap then.

Not like road running is it?
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by Pefrio View Post
    .... I have Inov8 Mudclaws for fells - hurt like hell!
    Horses for courses I reckon. I've just bought my 6th pair of Mudclaws and they don't hurt my feet at all. I went round the BG in the same pair and my feet only started to hurt when I changed into a pair of cushioned road shoes at Newlands!

I can't imagine describing Walshes as a trail shoe btw, nowhere near enough protection - unless you're one of these super bio-mechanically efficient runners. Of course, it's a different story on the fells .....
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners