Thread: Orthotic Insoles

Orthotic Insoles

I know many on here don't use or recommend the use of these in fell shoes, but I feel the need. My custom orthotics do not fit in my fell shoes and some have suggested Superfeet, although these look a bit too stiff.

Has anyone used or know anything about Sole Custom Footbeds ?

See here... http://shop.sandpit.com/product_info.php?products_id=4

Apparently, you heat them in the oven for 2 minutes, put them in your shoes, and they mould to your feet. Sounds like it could be a good solution ??

Any feedback welcome

Thanks

DB

Re: Orthotic Insoles

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Breath View Post
    I know many on here don't use or recommend the use of these in fell shoes, but I feel the need. My custom orthotics do not fit in my fell shoes and some have suggested Superfeet, although these look a bit too stiff.

Has anyone used or know anything about Sole Custom Footbeds ?

See here... http://shop.sandpit.com/product_info.php?products_id=4

Apparently, you heat them in the oven for 2 minutes, put them in your shoes, and they mould to your feet. Sounds like it could be a good solution ??

Any feedback welcome

Thanks

DB
    DB this was discussed earlier here

every thing you should want is on there if not ask again.
    Ian

I use superfeet in my roclite 315's - no problems. Just remove the inov8 footbeds and replace with superfeet. PS my superfeet soles have now lasted for over 6 years!

Derek.

I get a 5 degree pronation wedge put in between the sole and upper of my walshes which is the same as my orthotics. They charge £25 a time though as the shoe has to be taken apart and rebuilt. I get them done at Lancashire Sports Repairs.

They last me about twice as long as without however it takes a couple of weeks to get them back which takes some planning.

Interesting to see what orthotics others are using as an insert that could be used in different shoes would be much more cost effective. My orthotics I have in my road shoes have lasted about 5 years and are still going strong.

I am seeing a podiatrist tomorrow evening for an assessment. I started wearing orthotics 2 years ago, and until recently went all of that time uninjured! I wore them for all runs (including in spikes for the track and cross country). It was recommended that every 2 years you are reassessed in case there have been any changes to your alignment through having the inserts. As I've been injured recently, I thought it would be a good time to replace them whilst building up and not competing.
    They were a custom made pair (manufacturer Vectorthotics), which I started wearing to overcome that dreaded Plantar Faciitis and Posterior Tibialis tendinitis. I'll let you know what advice I get...
    You'll never Walk Alone!

Quote Originally Posted by NotIntaFells View Post
    They were a custom made pair (manufacturer Vectorthotics)
    Sorry NITF but if they are those I saw they were not custom made (I used to use the same thing). Custom made means a whole calc of the foot is taken by a computerized machine and the orthotic is made starting from scratch, based on the calc.

i've just been fitted for some after having no end of injury trouble last couple of months but i didn't have to pay for them though!!

I'll soon be getting a pair of 'semi bespoke' orthotics - will be different to the ones I've been using! Will be interesting to see how they feel!
    You'll never Walk Alone!