Thread: The Strange circle of life.

The Strange circle of life.

last weekend I ran off Scarfellb ack to Wasdale down the field next to the tourist path on a BG support. Almost exactly 9 years ago I encountered my first fell runners, I was training for the 3 Peaks National Challenge for a charity, as we walked up the tourist path wearing boots, waterproof jackets and rucksacks making our way to the summit of Scarfell Pike which we had no idea that all of us was capable of reaching I watched with amazement as these two lads dressed in just vests and shorts with what I now know as Billy Bland bumbags come flying down the grass. My mate said “there fell runners ,there fit as F**k and totally mad”, the image stuck with me, but at the time I never thoughtI would find myself running in there foot prints. It is a great but strange world at times.

ATB

Tahr
    Last edited by Tahr; 25-06-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Re: The Strange circle of life

I remember seeing fellrunners when I was in my early twenties and thinking what nutters they were! These days fellrunning helps maintain my sanity so it just goes to show that you shouldn't knock it until you've tried it :thumbup:

Nice to meet you at Stolly's BGR attempt at the weekend. Sorry I wasn't more sociable, I was busy faffing about working out what dry clothes to get him into and what food to shove down his neck! Hope to have a better chat next time
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Re: The Strange circle of life

Hi Hes don’t worry about being sociable, it wasn’t the weather to just stand about chatting before we started out and once off the hill you needed to spend time sorting out the contender and to be honest we were shivering in the rain once we had stopped moving and we just wanted dry warm clothes. So headed off promptly.
    As said we might have more time next time.

ATB

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/