Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smart TV's??

Smart TV's??

Our TV is dying and need to replace it. Just not sure whether the extra expense of a Smart TV is worth it. I can see the access to iplayer being useful but not sure about anything else it can offer.

Can anyone offer advice / opinions / recommendations?

Ta muchly

Re: Smart TV's??

Unless it skip past adverts its not much use. I've got a video recorder thingy and watch everything on comercial channels with a delay of 10mins or so then I skip past the ad breaks.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    Unless it skip past adverts its not much use. I've got a video recorder thingy and watch everything on comercial channels with a delay of 10mins or so then I skip past the ad breaks.
    There you go again getting all technical on us

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Flopsy View Post
    Our TV is dying and need to replace it. Just not sure whether the extra expense of a Smart TV is worth it. I can see the access to iplayer being useful but not sure about anything else it can offer.

Can anyone offer advice / opinions / recommendations?

Ta muchly
    I have come across numerous TVs in various holiday rentals - the Panasonics/Samsungs/Toshibas all seem very good, with Sonys sometimes being disappointing. I do not use the smart bit of them - I occasionally watch iPlayer but nowhere near as often as I thought I would. Don't get one too big - 32" is plenty, unless you are going to sit a mile away.

Got an LG one last month and really like the smart bit. Signed up for netflix so now have access to many films and series. If you plug a USB drive into it, you can recordz pause and rewind live tv.

Most used smart apps so far a&e netflix, I player and YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    Got an LG one last month and really like the smart bit. Signed up for netflix so now have access to many films and series. If you plug a USB drive into it, you can recordz pause and rewind live tv.

Most used smart apps so far a&e netflix, I player and YouTube
    I ditched Sky and got Netflix and really like it. No adverts during the programs :thumbup: Only thing I can't get on it is the old HBO series but there are ways and means for that I suppose. You can have two people streaming on a single account as well so Mrs Alf can watch her stuff and I can watch mine though we both know what we have been watching as it keeps your recent stuff on show when you logon I usually watch it on my laptop but I can plug my laptop into the telly if I want to and watch it there. I have a very modest broadband speed and I have had no problems with more than one person streaming at the same time either.

What the hell is a "smart" tv?

Quote Originally Posted by Gambatte View Post
    What the hell is a "smart" tv?
    Think of it as a TV with internet connection.

So, a mixed opinion and not many opinions at that.

hmmmm.....still none the wiser.

Very occasionally use iPlayer or 4oD etc on ours. We do stream stuff to it from our PC though - use that quite a bit, but only really any use if you are wanting to download stuff to watch on the telly.