Thread: Cronkley Fell Race

Cronkley fell race may 6

Anyone know the route? Whats the race like? I fancy reccing it as part of training and want to know roughly where it goes. Cheers.

Keep your Walshes like your women....dirty.......

cronkley 27th june

hi all

anyone doing this race tomorrow?

i am thinking about it...

if anyone wants to share a car from north tyneside let me know
    and we run because we like it through the broad bright land

Re: cronkley 27th june

Hey Freckle, im doing it going to be a hot one by the looks of it! have u ran round there before? its nice

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverand View Post
    Hey Freckle, im doing it going to be a hot one by the looks of it! have u ran round there before? its nice
    No I haven't, it looks like an out and back one is that right? will take my camel back re water...be good to see you, introduce yer sel!

Well I did enjoy that...great organisation, lovely marshalls and fab views (which I was able to take full advantage of at my leisurely pace!!!)

Glad you enjoyed it. I wanted to do it myself, but I started work at 3 and was unlikely to make it back in time.

well it was such a nice day, and the veiws over to cronkley so sumptous, that I couldnt resist the urge to stop at a particularly good vantage point and lay down and take it all in glorious, the running for me stopped at that point thats when I started walking back and met u coming the other way frecks! glad u had a good run out :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverand View Post
    well it was such a nice day, and the veiws over to cronkley so sumptous, that I couldnt resist the urge to stop at a particularly good vantage point and lay down and take it all in glorious, the running for me stopped at that point thats when I started walking back and met u coming the other way frecks! glad u had a good run out :-)

I like your thinking rev! good to see you! ....ah well i can't help noticing that I have been qouted on the race report (little ol me!) but I have to say I am DREADING the photos coming out...the amount of flak I will take will be legend!

Link to photos on the DFR website is - http://www.durhamfellrunners.org.uk/...eyfell2010.htm

Think between 2 of the marshalls they managed to get photos of all the runners, and some of them are even smiling!

Cronkley Fell Race

I took part in this fell race today organised by Durham Fell Runners and really enjoyed it. There's a bit of everything: road, rough track, pathless ground, steep and gentle ascents and descents. You get to say hello to every other runner as it's an out and back route. You even have to wade across the River Tees twice to clip your number at the turnaround point!

Many thanks to the organisers and marshals for a very well organised event. The headwind made for a very difficult first 5 miles while generally climbing but the tailwind for the downhill half was brilliant!

It seems a shame that more people don't do this race. There was only 50 today for a North East champs race. I'm not sure why more people don't do it but hopefully this thread might encourage more people to have a go next year.

Here's a link to the web-site:

http://www.durhamfellrunners.org.uk/...eyfell2013.htm