Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Salomon Fellraiser

After about 6 or 7 races the bottom of the shoe has come away from the upper.
    Shame as I really liked them. Out of all the Salomon shoes I have owned they were the most comfortable. I found them to be best for long, rocky, wet runs. For dry runs I would use the Fellcross and for soggy I go for the Speedcross.
    Having said that Ive just bought a pair of Scott Kinabalu Supetrac and so far so good with them.

ive found they are a pretty robust shoe. grass/mud contact good. wet limestone as noted before lethal.
    scott kinabalus again as zingster says are personally much much better for longer days in lousy conditions. grip is good.

I have a tendency to under pronate when running, does any one know what sort of support the Fellraiser give to counter supination ?

Master
    Bought a pair of Fellraisers recently and have raced in them twice - Hutton Roof and Short Duddon. Are very comfortable and they seem very accurate to place - they go exactly where you intend them to go. Compared to mud claws grip is not as good in mud - surprise surprise - but they are no worse on wet rock - and they are more comfortable and slightly wider in the forefoot. Currently my favourite shoe as long as it is not too steep and wet.

Hi, I have some fellraisers, and like them alot, but recently noticed that when they get very wet, the insoles slip, now I understand this was a fairly common issue with speedcross, anybody else have similar issues?

Replace the insole with an Inov8 one - should do the trick.

My second pair of inov8 mudclaws 333 has finally worn out. 2 pairs lasted 2 years and managed over 1300 miles so I am on the lookout for new shoes.

I bought Roclite 295 but sent them back after a 20+ mile run. They didn't feel comfortable and not sure if they were to blame for the pain on my right foot arch after first use.

I am looking at these fellraiser shoes. Read some of the comments and so far positive feedback. I normally take the insoles out and use 3/4 orthotics so don't think slippers insoles will be an issue.

Anyone used mudclaws and fellraiser, how would you compare them and is the sizing any different ?

_|_
    ./\.

Master
    Size 9 for both for me.

Master
    Tried the Fellraisers on steep mainly dry grass today - the race descent from Wansfell Pike - twice - excellent grip/comfort - very impressed.

I take a 9.5 in Mudclaws and a 10 in Fellraisers......I find Salomon shoes to be a bit narrow so I go up a half size.

I think Fellraisers are great, I prefer them to Speedcross - better grip, lower profile, cheaper. I'd still use Mudclaws when it's really muddy.
    I've walked and I've crawled on six crooked highways