Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Ingleborough Fell Race

Re: Ingleborough Fell Race

43rd for me and 3rd in the male 'old buffer' category

looking forward to this one tomorrow... looks like me and my mate could be the only ones there :-)

Quote Originally Posted by barnyc View Post
    looking forward to this one tomorrow... looks like me and my mate could be the only ones there :-)
    I'll be there, looking forward to it too It's a Bowland champs race so expect at least a couple green and orange vests.

great race, out and back... quite runnable - which was the main issue! it was a really warm and humid day for it. 2 teas and 2 cakes for £1.50 afterward - true Yorkshire value

Quote Originally Posted by barnyc View Post
    great race, out and back... quite runnable - which was the main issue! it was a really warm and humid day for it. 2 teas and 2 cakes for £1.50 afterward - true Yorkshire value
    Yep it was excruciatingly runable wasn't it!? Tougher than I thought, that ascent (and descent...) goes on forever. Thanks to all involved.

Not sure whether or not to go for this. I've always been chasing a sub 1h for this, but never had the form on the day. Travs, this would be a good one for you with all your track work, you should be able to hit a 57-something.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Not sure i'd be potentially 2mins+ in front of you on a race over that distance... unless it is a very technically easy descent.

Incidentally i just saw on facebook that pre-entries are sold out.... they may have some late on-day entries in the event of some inevitable no shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Not sure i'd be potentially 2mins+ in front of you on a race over that distance... unless it is a very technically easy descent.

Incidentally i just saw on facebook that pre-entries are sold out.... they may have some late on-day entries in the event of some inevitable no shows.
    The descent is a piece of piss. You need a big engine for this race, leg speed will only get you so far.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I got an entry on the day due to no-shows. I was aiming for sub 1h, but the heat was quite oppressive, I climbed well but had to fast walk a lot due to knowing full and well that I had not fully prepared for it. My descent was okay, but it was obvious the climb had stung me a bit, I had to have a hydration strategy owing to the heat and stopped at the top for water. The winning time was pretty slow at just under 51, I think I got back in about 67 which is slower that when I did it for my first fellrace in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I got an entry on the day due to no-shows. I was aiming for sub 1h, but the heat was quite oppressive, I climbed well but had to fast walk a lot due to knowing full and well that I had not fully prepared for it. My descent was okay, but it was obvious the climb had stung me a bit, I had to have a hydration strategy owing to the heat and stopped at the top for water. The winning time was pretty slow at just under 51, I think I got back in about 67 which is slower that when I did it for my first fellrace in 2009.
    I’d been hoping to get near the hour. Have done 68,68,and 67 minutes for this before. At the start I was confident of a lower 60 minute time. In the end I succumbed to the heat and two stonking heel blisters and dragged myself in in 77 minutes feeling very wobbly. I just cannot cope with anything above 20 degrees C!