Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mont-Blanc Marathon

Mont-Blanc Marathon

Entries for the 2014 Mont-Blanc Marathon open tomorrow, the weekend is also going to be home to the 2014 Skyrunning World Championships.

http://iancorless.org/2013/10/14/mon...-registration/

Is anyone else from the forum planning to go?

I'm planning to enter the 'Cross du Mont-Blanc' (half marathon) event. I think I have a reasonable chance of finishing within the cutoff (5hrs), I'm not a fast runner but can finish a hilly half marathon in 2:46:00 (yesterday), and have finished the Fan Dance Race (23km, +1100m up+down) in 5:04:00.

I'm planning to 'train my arse off' from now until next June, so I'm wondering whether to play it relatively safe and go for the 'Cross', or take a chance on the training paying off and not getting injured, and going for broke and entering the full marathon distance with 9hrs cutoff (since it's going to be part of the Skyrunning World Championships)? Any thoughts on whether this is feasible/sensible - or a bit too much too soon?

Cheers.

Where did you book your flights Vampire? I am in the Marathon but can only find any flights available next year to Geneva from April

Also did your GP talk about charging you for signing the form - mine has said that he would only sign it if he actually carried out a medical and there would be a charge of about £40 - £50 for it. I have seen other people talk about being charged about £100 as well

Have you thought anything about medical insurance - I know people who ran the Croix last year and people who ran Paris Marathon who just did without. I'm not expert but would guess your standard travel insurance policy would not cover you for taking part in an event like this!

Thanks in advance.

Ha - I have wondered the same thing or just signing it my blooddy self (actually I would use the old Dr A.N.D Themedics gag I think)

Sounds like you have got a fair bit of distance in already - what are your plans: are you going to follow a set plan or just work up to it generally

I am lucky as I live right next to High Peak so it is actually harder to find a flat run near me than anything else.

Well done. That's you totally committed now! No going back

I got my appointment letter through for my medical on Monday

FIFTY QUID!!!

Not sure what they would do if I failed and just walked off without paying!

So i had and passed my medical last week - he made me do peak flow, O2 saturation, BP heart rate, listen to heart and then finished off with a classic

He looked at me earnestly, being deadly serious and said

"........do you think you will be alright doing it?"

I nearly fell off my chair - it took me all my effort to say "WASN'T THAT WHAT I HAD TO PAY YOU FIFTY B@STARD POUNDS FOR"

Team Bingely are going think 7 of us are going

Don't forget medical forms need to be in next week for this or you'll lose out.

Reet in centre pal near the bars BOOM !

have you managed to upload the certificate yet - I am really struggling. Website lets me attach a document but when I click Upload it just sits there and does nothing - no message or anything

Have mailed support but got nothing back

forget it - I have worked it out.

Who would have guessed I do this sort of thing for a living