Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mont-Blanc Marathon

Just seen I've got a place in the marathon through the ballot. Looks like I can fly to Geneva from Edinburgh for 130. Does anyone know how easy it is to get to Chamonix fro Geneva and a good,ie cheap place to stay close to the start? Thanks. Neil

Sorry to go on. How do you upload a medical form? Is it just e-mailing a letter to them. I work in a hospital and have lots of doctor friends who will do a letter for me saying I'm hale and hearty.
    Neil

Use alpybus pal google em. You upload form though entry site we only had a week last year then lose your place

I used http://www.chamexpress.com/ last year. There were three desks next to each other in Geneva airport, one of the others was Alpybus. They all looked really professional outfits, I can recommend Chamexpress though, the driver was British and the bus was clean/new. The dropoff/pickup from my hotel all worked like clockwork. Last year, I was standing at the desk behind a familiar looking woman, turned out it was Chrissie Wellington and she was on the same bus as me to Chamonix, nice lady.

Just bear in mind, Chamexpress told me you can't just turn up and buy a ticket in the airport, maybe some legal thing like Taxis in the UK. You need to have pre-booked in advance.

Medical form, I think this year it said you have a month to upload it, I guess from the date you put your entry in. I need to ring my doctors as I dropped mine off over a week ago and they haven't done it yet. I'm entered for the Cross but I don't find out if I have a place until Sunday.

I got a place in the Cross.

Hotel, flight and transfer all booked, just waiting for my very slow doctors surgery to sign my form.

I've printed off a form and emailed it through to them, also sent it snail mail.Got a doctor friend to sign it. Where are you flying from?I saw flights from Edinburgh for 130 return. No idea where I'll stay but plan to fly out on the Friday and back on. Wednesday.Just need to get fit now.
    Neil

I'm flying in to Geneva from Bristol, I'm going out Thursday afternoon to watch the 80k and VK on Friday, Cross is Saturday, I'll watch the marathon and then fly home Sunday afternoon.

I'm staying at the Mercure in the centre, a mate is staying at the Alpina (which Ian Corless told me last year was the unofficial race hotel). I stayed at Les Aiglons last year but it's full already.

Has anyone uploaded their medical forms yet?

I uploaded mine 2 days ago and I can see it on the registration page when I log in, but it says "waiting to be processed" next to it. Do you think they're just working through a backlog of forms, or there's a problem? I'm debating whether to send it by email also - neilly what address did you send yours to - and is it showing on your entry page?

Does anyone have any idea how to register for the 42k on. Sunday? The site says pick up race bibs between 5-6.30 on the day. Does anyone know if you can do it the day b before.
    Something about photo ID-would a driving licence no OK,don't fancy carting my passport about in a sweaty bum bag.

Also, it says you need a 'personal cup' ?? I was thinking a cut down plastic bottle?

Was anyone lucky enough to get in for the 42km in 2016? We didn't make the cut this time so fingers and toes crossed for the cross. I read somewhere that 10,000 people apply for the 2,000 marathon places so I'm not holding out much hope for the one either . Run or no run, we'll be in Chamonix!